Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks man. We mostly go to Saguaro, but try to get to Roosevelt as often as we can. And of course Lake Powell at least once a year.
    2017 G23
    2012 210 TE
    1999 SAN
    1995 Sport
    1991 Sport

Comment

So after all the winter upgrades on this thing (http://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/fo...inter-upgrades) we have flip-flopped again and we are looking to buy a newer Nautique again. In fact, we found a couple of boats that would work for us and may be trading this boat in this next week. But if there is any interest, I wanted to give PN members the opportunity to buy it for what the dealer is willing to give me on trade before I moved on the trade.

Boat is not without flaws, but it is in pretty great shape. In addition to all the winter upgrades that I posted, I also replaced the bow and stern backrests and bow walk-thru skins with new skins from Christine's Marine. And in place of the old hard-tank ballast gauges, I installed digital battery gauges that tell you exactly what the voltage is of each bank of batteries.

I have documented the build of this boat on this site and I have all maintenance records for the boat since 2002. Boat is solid and mechanically sound and we LOVE it, but we think we want to move on to the next one. (But who knows? If you wait five minutes, maybe we will change our minds again...lol).

If you have SERIOUS interest, please contact me. But this boat is probably moving on this week for a ridiculous price given all that has gone into it.
      2017 G23
      2012 210 TE
      1999 SAN
      1995 Sport
      1991 Sport

Comment

More recent pics...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_26764.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	457588

Name:	image_26770.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	457600

Name:	image_26372.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	457599

Name:	image_26769.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	457598

Name:	image_26768.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	457597

Name:	image_26767.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	457596

Name:	image_26381.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	457595

Name:	image_26369.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	457594

Name:	image_26376.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	457593

Name:	image_26766.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	457592

Name:	image_26377.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	457591

Name:	image_26370.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	457590

Name:	image_26765.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	457589

Name:	image_26771.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	457601
        2017 G23
        2012 210 TE
        1999 SAN
        1995 Sport
        1991 Sport

Comment

Sold!
          2017 G23
          2012 210 TE
          1999 SAN
          1995 Sport
          1991 Sport

Comment

Cool! Someone got an awesome boat!
            2018 SAN 230
            1981 Ski Nautique
            Sold - 2011 Sport 200V
            Sold - 2000 SAN

Comment

what was the "awesome price"?? was on vacation last week, wish i didn't miss it!

Comment

Congrat on the sale. Somebody got an amazing boat. So what are you going with now?
                Shawn

2012 Blue Metal Flake SAN 230

1999 Black and Tan Python 502 Powered Super Sport (for Sale)

Comment

2012 or newer 210. We want the convenience of NSS.
                  2017 G23
                  2012 210 TE
                  1999 SAN
                  1995 Sport
                  1991 Sport

Comment

Looks like the buyer didn't keep it very long. Now at Boulder Boat in Mesa, AZ.

http://www.boulderboats.com/pre_owne...sp?veh=4220698

Comment

any clue why its already for sale again? actually live in chandler and thinking about buying it but I'm sure they weren't given even close to this for a trade in price.

Comment

it was put up for sale at BB right after he said it was sold, so my guess is that someone from the shop bought it as a flip. it didn't need any work, so they probably just took pics and posted it right away. i'd go down there and lowball since i'm sure they got it way cheaper than they're advertising it for.

Comment

The owner told me through a PM that he traded the boat to Boulder as they gave him a price he could live with. When I saw the boat at BB I incorrectly assumed the boat was bought and then traded - not the case.

In any case I doubt BB will take a low ball offer (can't hurt to try though). The boat is in great shape and unique with the Sea Dek. Someone will get a nice SAN once this sells.

Comment

How did you do the floor I have the same boat and I want to do mine like that

Comment

Originally posted by scarbs View Post
                              Thanks Miljack! It has been a lot of fun doing all of these modifications.

As for your questions...I did not use gel coat. As you know, the seat bases, gunwale shelves, storage-seat bottoms (and almost everything really) of these SANs are covered with carpet. I wanted to get rid of as much of it as possible. Since gel can not be applied to the plastic seat bases and other materials made from starboard, I did A LOT of research and ended up using a urethane coating on top of an epoxy primer base that could be applied to all surfaces. It is very high quality (and expensive) stuff and much more durable than gel coat.

I did a full write up on the entire process with lots of progress pictures here: http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...ll-on-1999-SAN

But I removed all of the carpet on the floor from tip to stern, seat bases, gunwale shelves, undersides of helm and observer-seat areas, under the bow seating, engine dividers, etc. The only carpet that remains in the boat is that mounted to the walls from the helm and observer-storage area to the stern--basically from the windshield to the back. I left this to help dampen sound. But I may still remove it and replace it with something else if the boat does not sell.

Happy to answer any other questions about any of the modifications. There are also threads on this site about most of them.

I have also uploaded a picture of the ballast switches and the conversion of the engine-hatch cover from the slow hydraulic ram actuator to shocks with a latch--one of the better modifications in my opinion as it makes getting in-and-out of the back much quicker and easier than before. As you can see in newer pictures, all of the aluminum parts used for the modification (and the channels/tracks for the engine dividers) are now black.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n369238[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n369239[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n369240[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n369241[/ATTACH]
                              How come this link doesn't work.....is it just me......for the epoxy coat process

Comment

Updated link: https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/f...ll-on-1999-san

sometimes you have to change part of the old links to get them to work

Comment

Working...
                                X