Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLD - 1998 Ski Nautique - Fully Restored!

This is quite possibly one of the nicest bubble-back Ski Nautiques in existence right now. It is really an incredible boat, and I hate to see it go, but I really want to move on to the next restoration project.

Many of you will recall the restoration process that this boat went through. You can see every detail of the process here:

1998 Ski Nautique Full Restoration

This boat started its life in Indiana, on a private ski lake. It was used exclusively on this private lake until I took possession of the boat in 2016.

When I purchased the boat, I ran it for a few months, and then started on a complete 100% restoration of the boat. Some highlights of the restoration are below.

The engine was pulled out by PCM at their factory, and they did a complete freshening up, including a thorough engine test, new water pump, new 100 amp alternator, all new hoses, and all normal tune-up and maintenance items. They also completely painted and detailed the engine, and installed the optional chrome pulleys and new decals on the entire engine. The engine is the standard Ford 5.8L 351, non HO, 260 HP.

The windshield was removed and disassembled, and the frame was power coated black.

All removable pieces were removed from the boat, and the gelcoat (both interior and exterior) was repaired as needed. The boat was fully buffed and polished.

New Ski Nautique decals were installed, along with World Champion Ski Boat decals and new pin striping. These were all genuine Nautique decals.

The carpet was stripped out, and the floor was sanded and sprayed with black gelcoat in preparation for installation of SeaDek.

New fuel lines were run, and a new fuel filter assembly was installed. The fuel tank was removed and thoroughly cleaned. A new fuel level sender was installed as well.

New steering and throttle control cables were installed, and a new throttle control assembly was installed as well.

The boat was taken to the SeaDek factory in Rockledge, Florida, where the boat was measured for a completely custom SeaDek kit, which was then created and installed by SeaDek at the SeaDek factory.

A completely brand new interior was installed, using all of the original Nautique and Correct Craft logos.

The dashboard was completely removed and totally rewired. The switch panels were both reproduced by Nautique for me (these are no longer available anywhere!). The stereo hole in the dash was eliminated, with a factory-look panel covering the hole. More about the stereo below. All new switches/breakers were installed. The steering wheel was in poor condition, and was no longer available, so a new Nautique Full Throttle Package steering wheel was installed.

New battery cables were installed, and three new ground wires were run to the dash to eliminate the known issue of voltage drops to the dashboard on these boats. There are NO power issues to PerfectPass (a common issue for these boats), and the voltmeter reads 13+ at all times, even with the lights on.

PerfectPass Stargazer was installed, and works flawlessly.

The remaining AirGuide speedometer has had the AirGLIDE conversion done to it, so it no longer uses the boat's pitot tubes. It is completely GPS-based now, but looks completely original. Since it gets its speed from GPS, it matches the PerfectPass gauge exactly, and both that gauge and the PerfectPass gauge are super-accurate.

The stereo consists of a hidden Roswell amplifier with a hidden Roswell Cybox connected to it. The speakers are all new Roswell R1 interior speakers. This is a unique and very understated stereo system that does not detract from the look of the boat since everything except the speakers is hidden. To use the stereo, you simply activate Accessory 3 on the factory switch panel. That powers on the amp and the Cybox, and then you just connect your phone via bluetooth, and play your music through your phone. The cybox picks up the bluetooth signal and plays the music through the boat's speakers. There is no head unit to deal with at all.

There is a 2" Roswell underwater light installed. This light puts out an incredible amount of light, especially for just a 2" light. It is connected to the Accessory 2 switch on the switch panel.

There is a very nice three-bow bimini top with full boot. It is positioned very nicely, and keeps the driver and front passengers completely out of the sun.

The boat is always stored either in the boat house or in the garage.

The cover is from Angloa Canvas, out of Indiana. It has cut-outs for the lifting rings, and a draw-string to keep the cover tight. It also has side skirts that attach with velcro, and a zip-on platform cover.

The trailer is a 2016 Ram-Lin. It is a dual-axle trailer with disk brakes on both axles. It looks great and tows very nicely. The brakes work well, and all lights work. It has a winch and a turnbuckle at the front.

I am sure there are a few things that I am forgetting, but if you review the restoration thread above, you'll see everything there.

So, you might wonder what imperfections exist on this boat. Not much! Here's what I am aware of:

It has a piece of wood missing from the underside of the swim platform. It has always been like that since I have had it, and the platform works fine like it is, and you can't see the missing piece from above.

The rubrail has not been replaced. It has a couple of small waves in it, and is a little scratched up on close inspection.

The boat has been used since the restoration, and has just a couple of very small imperfections in the gelcoat. Nothing major at all, and if you weren't looking for them, you'd never see them.

The SeaDek has one very small black mark on the piece over the rear floor. I have a replacement piece for this, and a few other spare pieces of SeaDek cut for this boat. They all come with the boat.

There is a small black mark on the inside of the driver's seat. I think my belt may have done this one day. I have not tried anything aggressive to get this mark off, but I think it probably will come off. It isn't noticeable unless you look for it, and this is the only imperfection on the interior.

The vinyl section of the dash has some scratches on it on the right side. I have a black piece of SeaDek that was custom-made to cover the dash, but I have not installed it yet. It will come with the boat, and you can decide whether to install it or not.

I would like to get $21,000 for this boat. Make me an offer and let's see what happens!

Clean and clear titles for both the boat and the trailer are in my hands. The boat currently shows 1,950 hours, with less than 50 being after the restoration.

Click image for larger version  Name:	001.jpg Views:	1 Size:	90.9 KB ID:	562726

Click image for larger version  Name:	002.JPG Views:	1 Size:	66.3 KB ID:	562714

Click image for larger version  Name:	003.JPG Views:	1 Size:	107.1 KB ID:	562724

Click image for larger version  Name:	004.JPG Views:	1 Size:	56.7 KB ID:	562710

Click image for larger version  Name:	005.JPG Views:	1 Size:	77.3 KB ID:	562722

Click image for larger version  Name:	006.JPG Views:	1 Size:	83.8 KB ID:	562708

Click image for larger version  Name:	007.JPG Views:	1 Size:	60.9 KB ID:	562711

Click image for larger version  Name:	008.JPG Views:	1 Size:	126.3 KB ID:	562717

Click image for larger version  Name:	009.JPG Views:	1 Size:	50.7 KB ID:	562709

Click image for larger version  Name:	011.JPG Views:	1 Size:	79.6 KB ID:	562715

Click image for larger version  Name:	012.JPG Views:	1 Size:	66.7 KB ID:	562720

Click image for larger version  Name:	013.jpg Views:	1 Size:	54.6 KB ID:	562712

Click image for larger version  Name:	014.JPG Views:	1 Size:	68.3 KB ID:	562721

Click image for larger version  Name:	015.JPG Views:	1 Size:	56.4 KB ID:	562713

Click image for larger version  Name:	016.JPG Views:	1 Size:	32.2 KB ID:	562716

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_42847.jpg Views:	1 Size:	46.6 KB ID:	562718

Click image for larger version  Name:	019.JPG Views:	1 Size:	64.7 KB ID:	562719

Click image for larger version  Name:	020.JPG Views:	1 Size:	72.5 KB ID:	562723

Click image for larger version  Name:	021.JPG Views:	1 Size:	88.9 KB ID:	562725

Current Boats —> 2024 Super Air Nautique G23 PARAGON -- 2003 Ski Nautique 196 -- 2001 Ski Nautique -- 2000 Nautique Super Sport PYTHON -- 2000 Nautique Super Sport -- 1999 Ski Nautique PYTHON -- 1998 Ski Nautique -- 1996 Ski Nautique Open Bow -- 1985 Sea Nautique 2700 (Twin-Engine, 1 of 13) -- 1981 Fish Nautique (Twin-Engine, 1 of 4) -- 1980 Fish Nautique (Twin-Engine, 1 of 4)
    Former Boats —> 2023 Super Air Nautique G23 --
    2022 Super Air Nautique G23 PARAGON -- 2021 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2021 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2020 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2019 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2018 Super Air Nautique G23-- 2018 SAN 210 TE -- 2017 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2016 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2015 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2014 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2014 Super Air Nautique 230 Team Edition2013 Super Air Nautique G232012 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition2011 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition2010 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition2008 Super Air Nautique 230 Team Edition2007 Air Nautique 236 Team Edition -- 2007 Air Nautique SV-211 -- 2005 SV-211 -- 2003 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition -- 2003 Air Nautique 226 -- 2003 Sport Nautique 216 -- 2003 Ski Nautique 196-- 2002 Ski Nautique-- 2001 Sport Nautique -- 2001 Ski Nautique -- 2000 Sport Nautique --1999 Ski Nautique Open Bow -- 1999 Air Tique 176 -- 1998 Ski Nautique -- 1998 Ski Nautique -- 1997 Ski Nautique -- 1997 Ski Nautique -- 1994 Ski Nautique -- 1993 Barefoot Nautique -- 1983 Fish Nautique (TWIN ENGINE, 1 of 4) -- 1981 Fish Nautique (SINGLE ENGINE)

Need something for your boat? Please check out our site sponsors! Not only do they offer the best products available, they also support this site.
    NautiqueParts.com - Phoenix Trailers - SkiSafe - PCM Marine Engines - PerfectPass - C&S Marine - OJ Propellers
Working...
X