No announcement yet.

1995 Super Sport Ballast install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, I am doing the same for the ski locker. as big as possible. My main hold up right now is whether or not to do a bag in the bow or just throw some lead or sand up there. I was going to just use two jabsco pumps with flo rite mechanical switches, but the simer pumps are less expensive then the switch set up. so now I think I am going to go with 2 jabscos and 2 simers(1 for each bag, if I use 4 bags). I want to mount the vdrive pumps in the engine compartment so they need to be ignition protected. But then again who knows I change my mind on how I am going to run everything like 3 times a day. I am trying t get a lot of weight in the boat, like 2500 lbs before people, equipment, gas, etc.
    Ummm, I\'ll take the REAL 210 please. Thanks.

Comment

Yeah, I hear ya about the weight up front. I was thinking of putting in a 4th bag up front hooked to my system, but I decided against it for right now. I think I am either going to put a little lead up there or just manually fill a sac up front under the bow cushion.
      2008 Super Air Nautique 210TE

Comment

Originally posted by JWAT
        About the switches. . .I called a Mastercraft dealer and they sold me the covers to the switches that are in the new Mastercraft boats for like 4 bucks a piece. These are the ones that saw "Stbrd Ballast", "Port Ballast" and "Center Ballast" on them and also have "fill" and "empty" markings on them. They will look sweet. Please note though that those were just the covers (actuators) to the switches. I am then gonna go to www.waytekwire.com and order the actual switch part. The switches are made by Carling and I am going to get the DPDT on-off-on switches that have two lights. There should be 7 terminals on the back. You can also get the mounting brackets and stuff for the switches off of that site.
        My pumps came with the 7 terminal switches already pre-wired and everything, but are you saying I could swap out the front part and use the "Stbrd Ballast", "Port Ballast" and "Center Ballast" ones from Mastercraft? Mine light up and all that but it only says "ballast" on them.
        Photo Album
        Ballast Install 1
        Ballast Install 2
        Amp Install
        PPass Install
        Alternator Install

Comment

Originally posted by sperbet
          wake_fun, do you have a photo of the thru-hull from the bottom of the boat.?? I'd like to see where exactly it was mounted from the outside. Did you drill from the outside up or the inside down??
          I would have to take a picture of the bottom finished, I don't have that. I have one from the inside though. I drilled from the outside-in.
          Photo Album
          Ballast Install 1
          Ballast Install 2
          Amp Install
          PPass Install
          Alternator Install

Comment

Originally posted by JWAT
            Oh yeah, for the center locker sac on your boat, I would highly recommend getting a custom rectangular sac made for it. That's what I did and it holds a lot more weight than a normal sac. I calculated it and it should hold over 700 lbs. Hope this helps.
            Can you give us the exact dimensions you used to order your sac?
            How does it fit? Pictures?
            How many, where, and what kind of fittings did you have them put on?
            Where did you buy it from?
            How much?
            Thanks for any info
            Photo Album
            Ballast Install 1
            Ballast Install 2
            Amp Install
            PPass Install
            Alternator Install

Comment

wake_fun,

Yes, that's what I am saying. The switches used in Mastercraft boats are Carling switches just like the ones you got with your pumps. You can switch out the actuator (cover) part of the switches on them. But, I think to do that you need a special little tool to get the original actuator off. Just call a local Mastercraft dealer and tell them you want just the replacement covers for the ballast switches in an '04 X-10 or something like that. I called Action Watersports in Michigan for mine and they were $3.95 each plus shipping.

Comment

I purchased my sac from boarders-paradise.com. I will get the exact dimensions for you tonight when I get home from work. I got a total of 3 fittings on it. One on the very end towards the bottom and then the other two on top of the sac at each end. I made it completely fill the ski locker and it worked great. I don't have any pictures right now because I'm in northern Indiana and my boat is in storage. Boarders-Paradise was by far the cheapest for custom sacs and the quality seems to be pretty good. They said they had a 1-year warranty with them and I haven't had any trouble so far. You can get them in many different colors too, but I just got mine all black. I'll get those dimensions for you as soon as I can.

Comment

Oh yeah, the price. . .I think it was $104.00 including shipping and everything.

Comment

Here's the link to the sacs: http://www.boardersparadise.com/merc...egory_Code=D1d

Comment

Thanks JWAT! Maybe I will change mine someday..........
                      Photo Album
                      Ballast Install 1
                      Ballast Install 2
                      Amp Install
                      PPass Install
                      Alternator Install

Comment

Alright, I got the dimensions of my custom sac. They are 68" x 27" x 12". The sac completely fills the ski locker. I am assuming your locker is the same even though it's 2 years older??? The sac was $107 shipped to my door.

I got the ballast switch covers in tonight and they are sweet. They ended up only being $2.95 a piece. I am gonna order the rest of the switches tonight from waytekwire.com. I am pretty sure these covers will fit any Carling Contura switch. I will try and post some pics of them when I get time.

Comment

JWAT, where are you mounting the pump for that ski locker sack?? Is there room in the locker to put the pump in with it or are you mounting it somewhere else??
                          Ummm, I\'ll take the REAL 210 please. Thanks.

Comment

No, the pump will not fit in the ski locker with the bag. I am going to mount all the pumps in one place. I was thinking either under the rear starboard (right) side seat or on the side wall on the starboard side behind the rear seat. I am going to run all three pumps off of a manifold made of 1.5" pvc pipe that will get water from the 1.5" thru hull. All my supply lines to the sacs will be .75" pvc tubing.

Comment

Here's a pic of the ballast switches I purchased from the Mastercraft dealer. . .

Comment

You guys may want to check Menards for the Simer pumps if you haven't already bought them. I saw them there the other day for either $52 or $57 I can't remember.

Comment

Working...
                                X