No announcement yet.

1995 Super Sport Ballast install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh trust me I've gone over all your pictures and this forum 25 times. Some of my questions is first off, where will I ever find that manifold? Secondly, your mounting spot for the pumps, did you apply a metal plate to the carpeted plastic divider. Its two pieces and I have a hard enough time as it is getting those in and out, and if I put a metal plate in there that is solid, how will that work. Do I just have to face it and do it, what it the battery dies, there is no way you get back there. Battery: brings me to my next point, your part list has two, I plan on putting in another battery (optima yellow and blue) but where did you put your second battery, I was actually thinking about moving my original as well, to clear up some room for that right side sack. I know yous has to be pushing up against it, Mine does now and I cant stand it. Thanks for all your help!!!

Comment

There is a ledge in front of your rear compartments on both sides. Batteries fit there perfectly and free up your entire space on both sides. The space is otherwise unused. This is also a bit easier than having route them under the bow. This leaves enough room for the Flyhigh 750# bags. For my pumps, I had a bracket made that puts the pumps next to the front port side of the motor and is mounted to the stinger. I only have two on it but you could mount a third if necessary.
      the WakeSlayer
      1999 Super Air - Python Powered <-- For Sale
      1968 Correct Craft Mustang

Comment

Thanks wake slayer I know right where your saying and thats a great idea. Looking back at wakefuns it looks like he did that too. I am starting to make progress and getting excited. Now you might know, luckily where I live I have a west marine (witch is like heaven for us boat freaks) and they have some Jabsco pumps witch has a new price tag label and thier $177 a piece. I pulled out the install instructions and they say "reversing the polarity on the power wires will, operate the pump in reverse, but may cuase damage to your pump? Any thoughts? the pump model is 18660-0121. I was also looking at some Johnson 10-24690-03. I would like to stay jabsco because of everyones recommendation. Thanks everyone!!

Comment

Just make sure they are the Ballast Puppies, which are reversible, come with the switches, etc. I think the ones you are looking at are one way pumps.
          West is great, I got most of my fittings and such from there.
          the WakeSlayer

Comment

Yeah see these don't come with switches, so I knew something was up. I want that 3 switch plate too. Looks like Im still shelling out the $250.

Comment

http://www.pumpbiz.com/products/inde...&series_id=490

make sure you verify that you get the newer impellers in them, I think they are yellow. A friend got one last year that had the old one and it shredded on him, and kept blowing breakers.
              the WakeSlayer

Comment

The other thing about those pumps is that they are their own checkvalves
                the WakeSlayer

Comment

okay, question on those, does that mean I don't have to get any for my air vent hoses?

PS thanks for the link, that was big. $750 bucks in pumps, cant wait!! :I

Comment

I do not have any in my system and it does not leak any air into the bags. They go flat as it gets when I pump them down.
                    the WakeSlayer

Comment

I put the aluminum plate between the two c-channels in front of the motor. The pumps get bolted to the plate. You have to lay it all out and see how it all will fit. My batteries are right on the edge of that transition from the rear compartments to the floor. I put vents on my bags so that I can be driving along, hear water pour out, and know they are full. Also, so noone blows up my bags. Because I did the vents I installed check valves. That stainless steel manifold is custom made from three sst hose barbs and a sst pipe. In the picture you can see two hose barbs stacked on each other, one more behind them, and the piece of pipe, before everything was cut up and welded together.
                      Photo Album
                      Ballast Install 1
                      Ballast Install 2
                      Amp Install
                      PPass Install
                      Alternator Install

Comment

If you want high-res, bigger pics send me your email and what you want to see............
                        Photo Album
                        Ballast Install 1
                        Ballast Install 2
                        Amp Install
                        PPass Install
                        Alternator Install

Comment

Hey wake fun where did you run your air hose for the ski locker sac? back to the back? or out the side? and did you have to drill through anywhere to get the hose there. Also the white ports on the outside of our boat, did you get those from the dealer and are they 1 inch? I would like to match the rest of them. Also what is the best technique to drill through the hull and side with? any glue or silicone or is i just pressure fit?

Thanks!

Comment

When you say air hose, do you mean the water line from the pump? OR vent line? The water (fill) comes from the pump, over the gas tank, through the hole in front of the gas tank, and into the bag. The vent line leaves the center bag, comes up through that opening where the fuel line comes up through the floor, and comes out the side of the boat (drivers side). The only holes drilled were for the intake (bottom of boat) and the three vents lines. I used stainless vents and replaced the factory white ones for the bilge lines also to match. I got everything from West Marine. I believe I used 3M Fastcure 4200 on everything. The SST thru hull I used are part #3684420. These are 1". The two bilge SST thru hull I believe are 3/4, I just left them the stock size. My whole bag system is 1". Here is a picture where you can see the two smaller bilge thru hull's, the 1" bag vent, and up by the driver you can see the center bag thru hull vent. On the other side of the boat I vented the other bag. Hope this all helps!
                            Photo Album
                            Ballast Install 1
                            Ballast Install 2
                            Amp Install
                            PPass Install
                            Alternator Install

Comment

wake_fun,

What kind of check valves did you use? Do you have a part # or brand name? Also, if I put vent lines in my sacs, do I just need to make sure the thru-hull outlets are as high as possible on the side of the boat so the sacs fill all the way up? Thanks.
                              2008 Super Air Nautique 210TE

Comment

Wake, those stainless vents look WAY better than the white ones I have. Any idea on the part number? Are they all 5 indentical? bilge & vents? I never had to drill holes, I just used existing ones from my factory ballast.
                                the WakeSlayer

Comment

Working...
                                X