No announcement yet.

1995 Super Sport Ballast install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bump......I'm thinking of switching to a barbed fitting.....jamming it in the waterbed fitting, and tightening it down with a hose clamp....any thoughts?
    1985 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes
    351W
    PowerSlot
    Buttery Wakes
    Paid For!

Comment

h2oskeefreek,

I have one sac in by ballast system that has the "old" fitting like you. You need to take a 3/4" hose barb and put a 3" long piece of tubing over the end. Shove the 3" piece of tubing down in the sac fitting until the hose barb part is also down in the sac. It will fit really tight, so you may need to use a little soap to lube it up. After it is in there, use a zip tie to hold the sac fitting on the hose/barb. You don't want to use a metal hose clamp because it may cut the sac.
      2008 Super Air Nautique 210TE

Comment

If you read my ballast install #2 thread, it is updated. I've changed my bags and now have the Fly High Pro X Series V-Drive Surf Sac's. They have a nice quick release fitting. I put 1" 90 degree swivel fittings on them and they are awesome.

You can see them here:

http://www.wakeside.com/product/boat...ve+sacs+set.do
        http://www.wakeside.com/product/boat...ick+connect.do
        http://www.wakeside.com/product/boat...e+connector.do

I have no problem with my 90 degree street elbow, valve, and stainless steel manifold as far as corrosion (non existent).
        Photo Album
        Ballast Install 1
        Ballast Install 2
        Amp Install
        PPass Install
        Alternator Install

Comment

Originally posted by h2oskeefreek
          You used the Launch pad bags with the waterbed type fittings................if I put too much pressure on the fittings, they pop out of the bag, have you had that problem?
          When I had these sacs I shoved the 1" hose right through the hole opening on the sac and down into the sac and used a hose clamp to hold it there. Worked fine for years, until the Fly High sacs came out with the nice quick disconnect o-ring swivel fittings..........then I had to have them.........WAY WORTH THE MONEY Yellow_Flash_Colorz:
          Photo Album
          Ballast Install 1
          Ballast Install 2
          Amp Install
          PPass Install
          Alternator Install

Comment

I agree with wake_fun on the fly high sacs. I have the v-drive fly high sacs as well with the quick disconnect fittings and they are 100 times better than the other sacs on the market with the regular "water bed" fittings. If you have the money, definitely get the fly high sacs.
            2008 Super Air Nautique 210TE

Comment

Agree on the Fly Highs. By far the best out there. I have a friend who bought 750# FlyHighs to install a ballast system, and ended up buying an 07 210 Team. He may have them for sale. Let me know if I should ask him. Not sure he ever even used them.
              the WakeSlayer
              1999 Super Air - Python Powered <-- For Sale
              1968 Correct Craft Mustang

Comment

wake fun about how much total hose do you think you used.

Comment

I just bought a box of 100' and used what I needed. Just measure where your bags will be and the pumps, you can get close.
                  Photo Album
                  Ballast Install 1
                  Ballast Install 2
                  Amp Install
                  PPass Install
                  Alternator Install

Comment

Where did you get the 3 position switch and wire harness? Do you have the part number? Fantastic post, I am certain many folks appreciate the time and energy you have given to share this info. Thanks!

Comment

My switches came with the pumps. I made my switch plate with some aluminum. We made our own harness.
                      the WakeSlayer
                      1999 Super Air - Python Powered <-- For Sale
                      1968 Correct Craft Mustang

Comment

I got my three position switches from Midwest Mastercraft - just a local MC dealer. That's likely your best bet for finding them, just go to your local inboard dealer and ask if they have any that you can buy - they usually have them in their parts dept for repairs and whatnot.
                        Neuston Boards
                        Nautiques

Comment

Check out these harnesses on ebay from maxwake auctions.
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ksid=p3907.m29

I just ordered some today along with an integrated bow sac and some fittings. Great guys, amazing prices.

Comment

I don't know about today, but years ago when I did this ballast system the ballast pump came with the rocker switch prewired. I went to mastercrap and bought the rocker switch cover with the port, center, starboard writing on it.
                            Photo Album
                            Ballast Install 1
                            Ballast Install 2
                            Amp Install
                            PPass Install
                            Alternator Install

Comment

I am planning to add a system to my 2000 AN and utilizing the ski locker as well... what are the dimentions of the 95 SN? I am assuming they are slightly bigger... If I recall correctly, my locker is 75"L x 21" W x 8.5" D

I have spoken to wakemakers and they recommended the fly high rear seat sack because "the minimal amount of extra weight added by a custom bag isn't worth the several hundred for a custom bag..."

Comment

I went with the Fly High Rear Seat Sac W705 for my center sac. Works great and will actually pop the locker door open if I fill it to max. I believe your dimensions are pretty similar to mine since mine is a '99.

Here is my install if you want to check it out. I got the bulk of my ideas from wake_fun and bchesley.

http://www.planetnautique.com/index....&postorder=asc
                                1999 Super Sport Nautique
                                PerfectPass Wakeboard Pro
                                100amp Alternator Upgrade and 2 - Optima Blue Tops
                                Wetsounds, JL Audio, Alpine sound system
                                3-Jabsco Ballast Puppies
                                1- Fly High Center Sack 650lbs and 2 - Fly High Rear 750lbs

Ballast Install - http://planetnautique.com/vb3/showth...allast-Install

Comment

Working...
                                X