No announcement yet.

1995 Super Sport Ballast install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you absolutely sure that glove box drains to a thru-hull? My glove box drain in my old 99 Air drained to the bilge. You really do not want to be emptying sacs to the bilge. Also, what U shaped sac are you talking about? The integrated bow sac is really designed for the newer bow layout (started 99). Most people with your boat use the triangle sac (and put it underneath the bow deck). It's a lot cheaper and will provide you with more possible ballast. Personally, unless you actually plan on using your ski locker, I would put a sac there instead.
    Now
    2000 SAN

Previously
    1999 Air Nautique
    1996 Tige Pre-2000
    1989 Lowe 24' Pontoon / Johnson 100HP outboard

Comment

• [QUOTE=Chexi;166531]Are you absolutely sure that glove box drains to a thru-hull? My glove box drain in my old 99 Air drained to the bilge. You really do not want to be emptying sacs to the bilge. Also, what U shaped sac are you talking about? The integrated bow sac is really designed for the newer bow layout (started 99). Most people with your boat use the triangle sac (and put it underneath the bow deck). It's a lot cheaper and will provide you with more possible ballast. Personally, unless you actually plan on using your ski locker, I would put a sac there instead.[/QUOTE

Yes, the glove box drains to a thru hull ! http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-i...d-bow-sac.html this is the bag I am thinking about and my boat is a 99. I like the idea of keeping my ski locker available and having the ballast further forward.
      sigpic

Comment

• Ah, you have a 99. I thought you had a pre-99 for some reason.
        Now
        2000 SAN

Previously
        1999 Air Nautique
        1996 Tige Pre-2000

Comment

• Originally posted by Chexi View Post
          Ah, you have a 99. I thought you had a pre-99 for some reason.
          My sig pic threw you off!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by wake_fun View Post
            I was thinking about the locker sac, but I get it. Why not run the locker sac and bow sac
            I might and daisy chain them or run a y with a ball valve... I see you put in the scoop thru hull. Did you face the scoop forward or backwards? Would forward but pressure on the impellers when under power?
            sigpic

Comment

• See my 99 Air Ballast Install thread if you decide to go with a bag in each of the ski locker and bow if you want to see how I set that up.
              Now
              2000 SAN

Previously
              1999 Air Nautique
              1996 Tige Pre-2000

Comment

See my 99 Air Ballast Install thread if you decide to go with a bag in each of the ski locker and bow if you want to see how I set that up.
                http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...allast+Install

Thanks.... I am thinking of putting my switches next to the pumps (pumps mounted on a board as others have done). I know its a short cut but I am thinking that lifting the trunk to fill and drain will not be that much of an issue. I just completed the stereo install and heater install. I ran 4 gauge to the amp and had I know I was going to do the ballast I would have ran 1/0 to a fuse block!
                sigpic

Comment

• It will be a hassle when you want to add a little water on one side or the other to clean up the wake. You need to keep driving to view the impact on the wake in real time, or else you will have to do trial and error, potentially multiple times, until you get it right. One of the best things about an auto ballast system is the ability to use the switches to adjust side to side issues on the fly. I think if you put the switches back inside the hatch, you will end up regretting it.
                  Now
                  2000 SAN

Previously
                  1999 Air Nautique
                  1996 Tige Pre-2000

Comment

It will be a hassle when you want to add a little water on one side or the other to clean up the wake. You need to keep driving to view the impact on the wake in real time, or else you will have to do trial and error, potentially multiple times, until you get it right. One of the best things about an auto ballast system is the ability to use the switches to adjust side to side issues on the fly. I think if you put the switches back inside the hatch, you will end up regretting it.
                    Never thought of that but with hydrofoiling is not an issue.... Funny... I ride behind a buddy's 236 (wakeboarder) and he makes folks in the boat move around to clean up the wake! Bet he never thought of adding or subtracting the water.

Looking at using 1/4 diamond plate to mount the pumps to (buddy gets it for free). Think it would be better to use wood like the pics in the threads?
                    Last edited by EchoLodge; 09-01-2011, 06:57 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EchoLodge View Post
                      Looking at using 1/4 diamond plate to mount the pumps to (buddy gets it for free). Think it would be better to use wood like the pics in the threads?
                      Just for the record. I didn't use wood in mine
                      Photo Album
                      Ballast Install 1
                      Ballast Install 2
                      Amp Install
                      PPass Install
                      Alternator Install

Comment

Just for the record. I didn't use wood in mine
                        Would 1/4 diamond plate rattle? What did you use? Looked back at your pic... you mounted the pumps on the dividers.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EchoLodge View Post
                          Would 1/4 diamond plate rattle? What did you use? Looked back at your pic... you mounted the pumps on the dividers.
                          This thread is old...........you need to be looking at my Ballast Install 2 thread in my signature and the pics in my Photo Album.........
                          Photo Album
                          Ballast Install 1
                          Ballast Install 2
                          Amp Install
                          PPass Install
                          Alternator Install

Comment

• Ok, I have been looking at the Install 2 link... But did not see the photo album! Got it!
                            sigpic

Comment

• I will be taking that plate off, dressing it up a little, and changing out all my hose to something different. I will add that to my ballast install 2 thread.................
                              Photo Album
                              Ballast Install 1
                              Ballast Install 2
                              Amp Install
                              PPass Install
                              Alternator Install

Comment

I will be taking that plate off, dressing it up a little, and changing out all my hose to something different. I will add that to my ballast install 2 thread.................
                                Sweet... I will keep an eye out for it... I plan on mounting the pumps upside down as the other thread shows...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X