1995 Super Sport Ballast install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EchoLodge View Post
    Sweet... I will keep an eye out for it... I plan on mounting the pumps upside down as the other thread shows...
    I mounted mine up so that I could change out an impeller easier, that's all. It's a pain to work upside down and possibly loose a screw down in there.......either way works, the pumps never get wet right there.
    Photo Album
    Ballast Install 1
    Ballast Install 2
    Amp Install
    PPass Install
    Alternator Install

Comment

• I was at my river pad this weekend and was checking out the boat for my future install. The back of the rear bench seat is not the same as the motor box has the reinforcements for the pylon (no room to mount a board). I guess I will have to place the pumps on the dividers. I was hoping not to to make engine maintenance easier. If anyone has a creative idea they could pass my way I would appreciate it.
      sigpic

Comment

• I think there is still room to mount a piece of aluminum or diamond plate, even with the pylon there. Take out the back seat and the carpeted dividers. I think you can mount a plate back there (forward of the pylon) and there should be enough room for 3 pumps (2 to 1 side of the pylon, 1 to the other).
        Now
        2000 SAN

Previously
        1999 Air Nautique
        1996 Tige Pre-2000
        1989 Lowe 24' Pontoon / Johnson 100HP outboard

Comment

• Without having the pumps in hand I could not tell. I should had taken a picture. There is not really a flat area to mount the plate to either as the box has L aluminum piece on the bottom and not on the top (hard to describe). Maybe someone who has the same year boat will post their install pic.
          sigpic

Comment

• Hmm... must have changed in 2000. I'm pretty sure my 2000 has vertical L brackets there, which will allow me to tie in a plate nicely.
            Now
            2000 SAN

Previously
            1999 Air Nautique
            1996 Tige Pre-2000
            1989 Lowe 24' Pontoon / Johnson 100HP outboard

Comment

• My boat is 250 miles away or I would snap a pic....
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X