Buying a New Boat - Help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: New Boat

I REALLY like those colors. I think if onthewater and I were to order a Nautique (206, but any model I suppose) tomorrow, it would be EXACTLY the same except with the teak platform. Congratulations!

Comment

Great choices in brand and color !! You will not be sorry...
      2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited, FCT, Excaliber 330, Midnight Blue - Silver Cloud

Comment

Very nice looking boat. You did the right thing buying the Nautique.
        Life is Short, Live it!
        http://www.teamcarolina.us/index.htm

Comment

JFT. I'm thrilled you went for a Nautique. You will love love love that boat. Awesome colors by the way.

So, tell us. What factors influenced your decision. What did the CC dealer tell you about the performance of the boat? Please, tell us eveything and go slowly. It's cold here.

Comment

Selling Points

Here is a translation from French of a part of the document that was sent by my dealer.

My dealer used to be a Mastercraft dealer. In his own words

“ I have always had success selling Mastercraft because they are a little bit easier to sell. Lots of bling and not as expensive as a CC. If you like the “disco” look, the Mastercraft will please you. Mastercraft uses less costly components such as the resin used with the fiberglass, AME 1000 which produces a total thickness of 22 mils. Malibu is even worse with a cheaper polyester resin and a total fiberglass thickness of 18 mils. CC uses the AME 5000 which is the most resistant and lightest of the industry (most expensive). They apply 25 mils throughout the boat and not only in the corners. This gives CC’s solid ride behavior, especially while crossing waves.

CC is also the only manufacturer that integrates the hull and the floor 100%. Mastercraft and Malibu basically glue the stringers and the floor (faster and cheaper). This is why both Malibu’s and Mastercraft’s will vibrate in sharp turns after a couple hundred hours of service.

Mastercraft uses 38oz vinyl, nonwoven (3 yr warranty). Malibu also uses a 38 oz vinyl but with a top coat expanded vinyl. The advantage of using this vinyl is that the material will follow the curves of the seats. However, this material is less durable and will deform over time (only 400 hours warranty). CC uses a 5 yr warranty Biocide Vinyl. CC is the only manufacturer which uses high density foam that is treated against bacteria. CC uses as much as 25% more double threads as its competition.

On the performance level, there are marked differences between the 3 boats. The Mastercraft X7 is slower on acceleration and top speed. The Malibu is the fastest of the 3. The Air Nautique 206 comes with an MPI, 5,7L 350 GM, 330 HP combined with a superior transmission ``Power Plus`` from PCM with a ratio of 1,23 :1. This transmission produces more power (23% more torque than the standard Indmar transmission MC, Malibu). This transmission is also a lot smoother during transitions between forward to reverse. Malibu and MC uses a 1:1 transmission. MC proposes the PowerSlot transmission ($ 3500 addition).

Malibu uses the Wedge system for wakeboarding. With this system, it is all or nothing, no adjustments possible. This system adds stresses to the boat which will loosen its integrity over time. “The pros at the Ontario Wakestock remove the wedge because it causes the wave to curl”.

Warranty
            Correct Craft;
            ``The best Five-Year Warranty in the Marine Industry, HANDS DOWN. ``

How is that for a start...

Comment

RE: Selling Points

good. keep it coming..........

Comment

What SN said. I also want to hear what the Malibu reps and MC said about CC. What was Malibu's most persuasive selling point for the RLXI--as well MC for the X-7.

Comment

Malibu will tell you about the records that have been set behind Malibu, the employee dedication at the factory, the towboat of the year awards and the price. These are there big selling points.
                  MC will point out their construction process, attention to detail, all of the pro riders behind the their boats, and that is the bulk of it. After that, it tailors to the individual customers concerns.

Comment

Beautiful boat!!
                    Congratulations, I also thimk you take the best option.
                    Welcome to the Nautique family.

Comment

Working...
                    X