Fish Nautique for wakesurfing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Nautique for wakesurfing?

anybody tried this before? going to start spending summers in lake tahoe and i know from living there it is pretty much impractical to wakeboard regularly unless you want to go at 5 in the morning. i think a fish nautique would be sweet so i could have a ton of people out to party and wakesurf and just be able to hose out the spilled beer at the end of the day. i know the wake has a lot of white wash on it but does anyone know if the wake cleans up a little around 26mph for hydrofoiling?
    Boat: 2001 Nautique Super Sport

\"Dont forget to put the plug in.\"
    http://www.planetnautique.com/index....amp;highlight=
    Another Ballast Install

I think you could sort out a FN to make it decent for surfing. There are also a couple San Juan's posted for sale on CCF. The one for $5900 has a flybridge on it, too. Would be a blast to own one. That one would be a surf machine and a half. Either would be great additions to the fleet.

79 San Juan Flybridge twin screw 302
    the WakeSlayer
    1999 Super Air - Python Powered <-- For Sale
    1968 Correct Craft Mustang

Comment

I was looking at a Fish Nautique before I found my Excel. Never got as far as taking it for a ride, but I didn't figure a wake that's a bit washy on the top would make much difference with a foil. I know there are a few people with Fish Nautique's on CCF, might want to ask over there as well.

Comment

thanks for the replies. never been a member of ccf but maybe i will hop over there and check it out. i keep dreaming of a fish nautique with a brand new zr6, ballast and some trim tabs party surf barge!

Another Ballast Install

Comment

Fish Nautique

I have been thinking about the same thing. Looking at the hull of a Fish Nautique I bet the wake could get chest high with enough wake. It woudl be ridiculous. We need to find someone with one to try it out and post pics.

Comment

Fish=o.g. CSX. I'd love to buy one one day if u can shred behind it. It suits my local water way. Good luck.

Comment

We tried Surfin behind a Fish Nautique, no weight just moved bodies around (iirc 8 of us), it was OK at best, boat did not want to hold speed very well. Here's some pics:

Comment

Prior to our Surf session we did some sets behind the BFN, several runs with 4 & 5 and a few with 6.

Comment

Originally posted by toyota40runner View Post
                  anybody tried this before? going to start spending summers in lake tahoe and i know from living there it is pretty much impractical to wakeboard regularly unless you want to go at 5 in the morning. i think a fish nautique would be sweet so i could have a ton of people out to party and wakesurf and just be able to hose out the spilled beer at the end of the day. i know the wake has a lot of white wash on it but does anyone know if the wake cleans up a little around 26mph for hydrofoiling?
                  Not true!

It depends on the day, but we've had many great days on Lake Tahoe from 6am until 11am or so. Afternoons are out of the question when the wind comes up, but you can ride and ski all morning. A full length wet suit is HIGHLY recommended.

Also, do NOT moor to an open float in the afternoon. The wind can whip up waves high enough to swamp and sink a ski boat. It happens all the time up there. Moor to a dock, or better yet, pull the boat out.
                  2009 211 Crossover; Triple White
                  "I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused...."
                  E. Costello, 1979.

Comment

couple other lakes

There are also a couple other lakes close to Tahoe that are decent for riding. Both are in Truckee. I say keep the super sport and hit me up to ride

Comment

Originally posted by Quinner View Post
                      We tried Surfin behind a Fish Nautique, no weight just moved bodies around (iirc 8 of us), it was OK at best, boat did not want to hold speed very well. Here's some pics: c
                      my super sport isn't great with just people either, but once i put about 3500 lbs and 8 people its pretty good. i am think that with how tall the fish nautique is you could load about 5-6k pounds and some peeps and the wake would be insane. you should try it and take some pics. I just found an old fish nautique sitting in someone's yard that might become my new project

Another Ballast Install

Comment

Working...
                      X