No announcement yet.

Explaining Correct Craft Vs Nautique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the 90's they used Nautiques in three to four places. On the sides, and the dashboard and maybe on the back... But on very seat it says Correct Craft. On the back they say "Nautiques, By Correct Craft since 1925". Same thing on the sides near the back. (were the EFI decal would go)

Our 95 Sport is like this. My 98 SNOB is like this. The 97 SNOB is like this. My friends 99 SNOB is like this. I think it was all years of the 1990 - 2000 boats.
    1998 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Perfect Pass / Z Box / 66" HO S1 / HO Attack

- My Other Toys -

2002 Schwarz ///M3

2004 Silbergrau Metallic BMW 330

Comment

they also built sail boats, boats for the wars, and 55' yachts

Comment

Originally posted by EntiatSkier View Post
        In the 90's they used Nautiques in three to four places. On the sides, and the dashboard and maybe on the back... But on very seat it says Correct Craft. On the back they say "Nautiques, By Correct Craft since 1925". Same thing on the sides near the back. (were the EFI decal would go)

Our 95 Sport is like this. My 98 SNOB is like this. The 97 SNOB is like this. My friends 99 SNOB is like this. I think it was all years of the 1990 - 2000 boats.
        I think my NBCC transom decal fell off before I took ownership. I have a spare. Maybe I should reinstall.
        1998 Ski Nautique (Red/Silver Cloud), GT-40, Perfect Pass Stargazer 8.0z (Zbox), Acme #422, Tunable Rudder.

Comment

Originally posted by EntiatSkier View Post

Nope. Through early 1993, the logo on the side near the transom was simply "Correct Craft" (with the globe).

If someone who knows ski boats asks me what kind of boat I have, I tell them I have a few older Correct Crafts. If they arent as well informed, I tell them I have a Ski Nautique.

I think its sort of a shame that the Correct Craft name is no longer being marketed- that was what I remember growing up (and Im not that old). I do understand the reason for changing though- the Nautique name is much more recognizable to most people, especially those who arent ski boat fanatics.
          1990 Ski Nautique
          NWCT

Comment

I am amazed at the marketing inconsistencies and changes. I guess you go with whats working at the time. Makes me think of the big ugly "N" a number of years back where marketing took over for tasteful design.

Comment

^ Hey!

Seriously, though, I didn't like the N either... until I bought my black on white 2000. I think it looks very good in these colors. That said, I still think the 99 Super Air with the retro graphic is the best of all time.
              Now
              2000 SAN

Previously
              1999 Air Nautique
              1996 Tige Pre-2000
              1989 Lowe 24' Pontoon / Johnson 100HP outboard

Comment

If it helps I don't like the big bird graphic as well. I also think my galvanized trailer is beautiful or at least I can claim it has inner beauty. Maybe I'm the one with no style.

Comment

Originally posted by Chexi View Post
                  I think it looks very good in these colors. That said, I still think the 99 Super Air with the retro graphic is the best of all time.
                  Can you point us to a pic?

Originally posted by srock View Post
                  If it helps I don't like the big bird graphic as well.
                  I concur.

Originally posted by srock View Post
                  I also think my galvanized trailer is beautiful or at least I can claim it has inner beauty.
                  I agree. I almost ordered a galvanized trailer but my dealer talked me out of it. He said it lowered the resale value of the boat because of the seawater perception. It also added two weeks to the trailer order and the boat was second hand on the lot (begging me to take her home). Assembly of a painted Ramlin was only a day or two so that was the biggest deal. I had to go and get the boat (Texas/Florida) and the two weeks would have been hard to coordinate.

Comment

Working...
                  X