Factory Surf Pipe 2012 210

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Surf Pipe 2012 210

Just got it done. Fit perfect on my 2012 210.(for 2014 model 210's)
    Attached Files
    2016 G23

Sweet... how much did that cost ya?

Comment

Do you lose the functionality of the Hydrogate?

Comment

no, it clears the gate in both directions by 1/4.
        2016 G23

Comment

How was the install? It looks like the hydorgate clears just fine, and looks like it fits just as well as it does on the 2014's. I know that Nautique Parts has them for $795 but the list them as only to be used on 2014's. I have considered doing it anyway even though its almost twice as much as ordering a FAE since I don't have any center platform bracket on mine and the teak platform moves a lot especially since it has been spaced further out to make room for the NSS and I would have to get something custom made bracket wise to clear the ladder I have or use the transom loop bracket. The surf pipe would also obscure the laser etching on the hydrogate less than the FAE bracketry, which might get my wife to approve it since I have already covered up part of the Byerly signature on the back with the NSS.

Is the metal flange of the surf pipe bigger than the old flange? If its the same size it looks like it might work on my exhaust as well, although if you look at the bracket it looks like its further away I know that the transom loop is actually offset to starboard a bit on mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	stern.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	368385

Who did you get yours through and did they give you any trouble getting it for a 2012? Have you been able to try it out yet?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by jonsquatch; 06-06-2014, 05:43 PM. Reason: Picture quality sucks

2012 Super Air Nautique 210 Byerly Icon Edition EX343 <-- Current Boat
          2007 Reinell 185 BR Volvo Penta 4.3GL <-- Former Boat
          1988 Bayliner 195 Capri OMC Cobra 5.0 <-- Former "starter" Boat

Comment

install was not that bad. two people would have been nice for the hardware. one to hold and one to turn. you have to drill new 1/4 holes, because the plate is larger and hole spacing is not the same. the bigger flange will cover any marks you make trying to get old pipe out. you have be quick with the 4200, it sets up fast and you have a lot to do quicky with the hardware, screws, and backing plate. i have not used it yet , but i am betting it is quiet because the muffler is still on boat. The 2014 do not use a muffler when they have this pipe.
            2016 G23

Comment

The Fresh Air Exhaust mounts to the center lift ring bracket.

Larry Mann
              Fresh Air Exhaust

Comment

Larry at FAE got me mine for half that price. See photos installed on 2013 230. I had dealer install (to ensure PCM warranty compliance) and they charged me 1hr labor. I've installed myself on a malibu with wedge, and the nautique install is much simpler. Just another option. FAE was very helpful, took custom measurements to ensure a pro fit and shipped very quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been on the fence on this for a while for my 2008 210...admittedly everyone that has one says it is worth it. But the water against the hull is pretty **** loud. So I don't have a sense of how much if any quieter the cabin would really be at either wake board or surfing speeds...I just checked and $420 seems fair, but i am a cheap bastard...at least i admit it...

Comment

Originally posted by scottb7 View Post
                    I have been on the fence on this for a while for my 2008 210...admittedly everyone that has one says it is worth it. But the water against the hull is pretty **** loud. So I don't have a sense of how much if any quieter the cabin would really be at either wake board or surfing speeds...I just checked and $420 seems fair, but i am a cheap bastard...at least i admit it...
                    Major noise reduction. Especially for stereo at wakeboard length

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone done one of these on a 2007 model 210 Team Edition? I'm thinking about buying the one off nautiqueparts.com??? https://www.nautiqueparts.com/produc...tique-210-230/

Comment

Working...
                      X