moving boat on trailer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving boat on trailer.

i need to move my boat back on trailer about 2-3 inches to make an adjustment and replacement of bow eye roller. can i do that without going to a boat launch. maybe using the two hooks on the rear of the boat attached to something, and just pulling the trailer up 2-3 inches. i am thinking it will not slide very easy on the bunks and it will be a problem.
    2016 G23

Would definitely not try to pull boat backward with transom eyes. Worth a drive to the lake to reposition, heck might even be nice to take a spin around.
    2005 SV-211

Comment

+1 on heading to the lake and take a cruise around. You'll be glad you did after.
      2009 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
      2006 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
      1989 Sport Nautique

Comment

the transom and bow eyes are should be rated to lift the boat vertically - but as others have said, this is not the same thing as using them to pull the boat backward on the trailer. if you dont want to go to the lake you would need to use them to lift the boat up and off the trailer.

Comment

If you drop the nose of the trailer/boat to it's lowest, then put blocking under the hull at the transom (be sure to position it so the trailer can move forward the few inches you need), now jack the nose as high as it will go and do the same at the bow, lower the front and the boat should be off the trailer so it can be moved those couple inches you need.

Comment

If taking it to a boat ramp isn't convenient then +1 for Quinner.

I'm sure many would disagree with this but for minor adjustments this should also work: Loosen your bow strap 2" - 3", hook your trailer up to your truck, put it in reverse and at 4 or 5 mph brake hard. Your boat will move maybe a half inch. Do this a few times and you'll have a couple of inches.

Obviously, the best solution is the boat ramp if available.
            Previously: 2015 SAN 210

Comment

How close is the lake? How close is your nearest dealer? Hoist it up and make the adjustment at a dealership. Make friends with someone that owns a crane. Bring the beer!

Comment

can't you fix this at the ramp the next time you use the boat. Should only be one bolt.

Comment

Working...
                X