2008-2013 Nautique 210 Surf Wake Configurations for NSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008-2013 Nautique 210 Surf Wake Configurations for NSS

ok So I recently did an NSS install on my 08 210.

http://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/fo...install-thread

Finally was able to put this to the test and get some results and feedback. Against Dr's orders fighting ACL reconstruction surgery we finally got to put system to work.Trying to dial it in for weight. I know a few others are also looking for info. The thread was little long winded with all the install pics and advice so figure I would start this thread here about how to configure the boat for the best results. Just figure it would be easier to track all allocated here in this thread for people who did a search.

I started here

I removed my rear tanks and have 1100's back there. They end up roughly 3/4 full. Run bow piggy back and 240 lbs pop bags stuffed as forward as possible under center bow cushion. Ride goofy side at 10.5. had to bump it up to 11 for the regular side. Hydrogate floated between all the way back (completely disengaged) and in the middle (half engaged) I preferred it disengaged. Others liked it all the way back out of the way.

Wave was mediocre on goofy and regular sides with this configuration, Just seemed to lack push

Attached Files
    Last edited by swatguy; 06-06-2016, 09:44 AM.

I saved this before so I could remember, this is how it was suggested.

Starboard: 1100 lbs
    Port: 700-800 lbs (guessing)
    Belly: full
    Bow: piggybacked bag under the seats (full)
    3 adults (evenly spread, not just on surf side) 3 kids.
    NSS: 3-5
    Speed: 10.5
    Hydrogate: 1 (all the way back)

Run the opposite for regular wave and it is just as good or better!

Comment

SCARBS got it goinga bit

Originally posted by scarbs View Post
      I have found that--especially on the port side--the rear bags cannot be evenly full for the best wave. It seems that once the NSS plate is below the water line, it cannot function properly. For me, I get the best wave when I fill the rear surf-side locker (1100 pounds) all the way full. This takes about 2.5 cycles of the pumps. I fill the opposite side about 2 cycles so that it is about 3/4 full. Then I fill belly full (but I have removed my hard tanks and use a center-seat sac). And I fill the integrated bow sac as full as I can get it. This produces a really good wave with a lot of push. But for an even better wave, I have two 150-pound Sumo sacs that I manually fill and place beneath each side bench seat. And depending on crew (it's usually just my wife and two sons), I have several Fly High Fat Bricks that I place on the surf side--one in the bow and one to two on top of the side bench seat.

I have the 1617 ACME prop. And with this weight configuration when I am surfing, I run the boat at 10.5 to 11.2 mph with the NSS set to 3 and the wave plate pulled all the way back. I am 6' 1" and 190 pounds and there is enough push (if I am on a quality board) to surf 25' behind the boat. My 13-year-old (about 150 pounds) can surf 30'+ back on a good board at these settings, but he likes NSS at 5 for a steeper wave, which is not as long, but he can still go 25'+ back.

The boat does list a bit, but we are fine with that-- a good wave is what is most important to us. The NSS shapes and cleans up the wave really well and it is still much faster to switch for riders than before. When we switch sides (I am the only port-side rider in my family) we just fill the opposite rear locker (about 1/2 of a cycle) and empty the former surf-side locker about 1/2 to 2/3 of a cycle. And if we have a couple of fat bricks on the seats, just move them to the other side. The whole process takes just a couple of minutes. And since we all use a different board, we are usually ready on ballast before we have the old board in the sock and stored and the new board out of its sock and ready to go.

Because boards are so expensive, for years I just picked them up used on Craigslist or something. Last year I picked up a Phase 5 Trident from a friend of mine who sold his boat and was shocked at the dicference between the Ronix and Liquid Force that I had been using and the Phase 5. So this year I pulled the trigger on a new Phase 5 Hammerhead, Phase 5 Diamond, and Inland Surfer Sweet Spot. These higher-quality boards have made the wave seem even better.

Comment

Came across this thread a while back as well. suggested a little opposite side list with the NSS.
        http://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/fo...ystem-on-a-210

Went out yesterday and got to ride it a bit, goofy wake only tho as I had nor regular foot surfers with me.

Goofy weight config
        -1100 full on port side(roughly 3 cycles)
        -2 cycles full on the goofy side(my guess 750 ish)
        -center tank full
        -nothing in my piggy back
        -and 280lbs of pop bags in bow

Hydrogate in middle (2)
        NSS fully deployed.

speed 10.4

This produced a respectable wake to my listing setup, similar push with way more of a pocket to work with. I would say double the length easy. Probably one of the best configs I have tested to date. It was pretty windy and a ton of boats were out. I was adjusting the NSS plate between 2 and 3 LED blocks on my switch in from fully deployed. Taking it in 2-3 led's made a noticeable push difference, but it would curl and give me some wash every now and again. Not if it was because of the conditions or the effect of the plate

I know a thread like this is worthless without pics so I'll do my best to get them transferred
        Last edited by swatguy; 06-06-2016, 09:43 AM.

Comment

"Came across this thread a while back as well. suggested a little opposite side list with the NSS.

Went out yesterday and got to ride it a bit, goofy wake only tho as I had nor regular foot surfers with me.

Goofy weight config
          -center tank full
          -and 280lbs of pop bags in bow"

I believe the above is backwards, that would make for a good reg wave instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockthis View Post
            "Came across this thread a while back as well. suggested a little opposite side list with the NSS.

Goofy weight config
            -center tank full
            -and 280lbs of pop bags in bow"

I believe the above is backwards, that would make for a good reg wave instead.

Nope. That was the weighting suggested for the goofy wave. It's an opposite side list. When you engage the NSS it lists the boat ever so slightly to the surf side and negates that opposite list. It came straight from F725's post. He seemed to have it dialed from his pics so gave it a shot. Seemed to work well. I didn't compare it to the surf side filled 1100 and non surf side at 2/3rds, but as of right now that's the best NSS setup I have had so far.
            Last edited by swatguy; 06-06-2016, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Yes you are correct if you want a nss set up to do transfers, but the setup that is amazing if you don't care about transfers (which also came from f725 ) is the set up I had posted. You wil love it if you do t care about transfers.

Comment

Sounds good. We don't transfer. So will give that a go.

Comment

Depth is a factor as well. I see a bunch of different settings people use but nobody posting depth. If I'm under 12 feet I see a difference . Also wind plays a part. I know it sounds crazy but I've noticed these things change up the wave.

As far as my settings
                  15 210 model with pro ballast
                  All tanks full
                  Nss at 2
                  Speed 9.9

Can surf so long my neck starts hurting lol
                  Current Correct Craft Boat
                  [URL="http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/05/1e6128564805861d2625d7b7f8efd2f1.jpg"]2015 SANTE 210[/URL]

Correct Craft Boats Owned
                  [URL="http://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/attachment.php?attachmentid=17771&d=1340117700"]2012 SANTE 210 (Boatmate Trailer)[/URL]
                  [URL="http://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/attachment.php?attachmentid=14107&d=1313460568"]2003 SANTE 210 (Dorsey Trailer)[/URL]
                  [URL="http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/attachment.php?attachmentid=14108&d=1313461675"]2007 SANTE 210 (Magnum Trailer)[/URL]

Comment

So here we go.

Took took all the advice. As long as you don't mind losing the fact to transition here is the optimal setup I could get for me on the goofy side.

Full 1100 on starboard( surf side )
                    around 800-900 on the port( non surf side).
                    Belly tank full
                    piggy back locker full
                    moved 4 of my 7 pop bags I usually keep in the bow to offset the weight for boarding ( 160lbs) to under surf side lounge). It's a very slight list. Almost negligible.

1 driver
                    (2) kids each sitting in the lean backs.

10.5 with hydro gate in middle at 2. Huge long pocket with every bit of push as the listed version. Thanks to all who had some suggestions. Pics to come this weekend for sure. Been dialing in the zero off a bit so was lacking in the pics for the surf
                    Last edited by swatguy; 06-16-2016, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	B5EDDE16-A447-4C28-94E6-72B00EF17E12.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	36.6 KB ID:	590857Click image for larger version  Name:	49F8B2A4-DD41-4C94-908B-7540B3775463.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	94.1 KB ID:	590862Click image for larger version  Name:	D9D6B353-957A-418D-B258-BF614DA29640.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	41.2 KB ID:	590865Click image for larger version  Name:	4AF61957-F00B-44D2-9102-2D3FEEBDEF3D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	92.5 KB ID:	590864Click image for larger version  Name:	6FD319EE-6522-4D95-B22B-7C57D434C6A7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	38.7 KB ID:	590860Click image for larger version  Name:	4AF61957-F00B-44D2-9102-2D3FEEBDEF3D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	92.5 KB ID:	590861Click image for larger version  Name:	D9D6B353-957A-418D-B258-BF614DA29640.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	41.2 KB ID:	590863Ok soreviving an old thread here, but my girls have really taken off with surfing and I have spent a lot of time dialing in the surf wake for them and their friends. Some of my opinions have changed a bit now logging a lot more hours with NSS . I originally didn’t think NSS was worth it over a suckgate. I have reversed that and couldn’t be more happy with how often we go from goofy to regular riders. I’ve also spent some time comparing the wakes with a mission delta , swell and NSS . Hands down the NSS wave had the most push.

So back back to the beginning. I pulled my hard tanks , have 1100lb sacs on each side, the piggy back wakemackers belly kit , and 280lbs of pop bags stuffed under the most forward bow cushion.

I have found listing the boat slightly definitely is the best option. It’s also imperative to get the longest pocket on the regular side ( passenger side) . I fill the surf side sac completely 100% and run the non surfside sac at about 70-75%. The easiest way to figure that is I run the surf side (3) button press cycles on the dash , and the non surf side (2)two button presses. Sure that seems. More like 66% full , but the 3rd cycle doesn’t usually click off before the bag overflows. I run 10.5 on both sides hydro gate lever fully back on the goofy side and 1.5 on the regular side. Optimally this setup with 1-2 people in the bow gives you a wicked wave with insane push. It’s bit on the steep side , but I prefer that for my surf style riding. You can mellow it out by moving the hydro gate completely forward. That’s more of personal preference thing .

Click image for larger version  Name:	3D8983AC-19A3-4262-ACC0-DB14B6194021.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	37.4 KB ID:	590856
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the update! The wave is looking really good! I am with you on the NSS! Best upgrade I have done to the boat.
                        2009 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
                        2006 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
                        1989 Sport Nautique

Comment

Just to link these as I have had some pm’s regarding them.

https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/f...install-w-pics

Comment

Working...
                          X