What's your TOW RIG?? Pix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tow with an Escalde?

I usually use my F150. But I'm gonna have to use my wife's 2017 Escalde ESV (or whatever the long one is called) for an upcoming trip.

Has anyone used an Escalde or a Denali Yukon XL with the 6.2?

Howd it do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Here is my set up. 2005 Excursion 6.0L BulletProofed Diesel and 2017 G23 - Upgraded to Curt hitch that allows me to two 12000#/1200# tongue without weight distribution. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2890.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	534815

Comment

• That Escalade will pull it nicely Suprafly! Real nice

Comment

• Originally posted by SupraFly View Post
          Anyone tow with an Escalde?

I usually use my F150. But I'm gonna have to use my wife's 2017 Escalde ESV (or whatever the long one is called) for an upcoming trip.

Howd it do?

I tow with the 6.2L in a Sierra Denali about 45 minutes each way with mild hills. I have the older 6 speed transmission and think it does the a great job of being a daily driver and lake hauler. If the Escalade or Yuk XL is the later models with the 7 speed, I've heard it does even better, but haven't experienced it first hand. Would I love a diesel to tow to the lake, you bet....but they're not my preferred trucks for daily driving in a fairly urban area. Click image for larger version

Name:	RIG.JPG
Views:	339
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	534881

I haven't weighed my set up yet, but it's probably 6200lbs plus the trailer. I have a level kit in the front, so I recently put air bags in the back with onboard compressor and it's the jam!

Comment

• 2017 Duramax

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	534921Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed2.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	534920
            2018 SAN G23 XR550
            2015 SAN G23 XR550
            2014 SAN G23 XR550
            2013 SAN G23 XS550
            2013 SAN G23 ZR450
            2011 SAN 230
            2010 SAN 230
            2000 XStar
            www.mnspringride.com

Comment

• Upgraded my truck this year after some engine issues with my previous truck. Pulls pretty much anything without issue. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0606.JPG.jpeg
Views:	369
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	534933Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0661.JPG
Views:	343
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	534934

Comment

• That is an Aggies truck, shouldn't you be driving a Prius in Austin?

Comment

• Sent from my Pixel using PLT Nautique mobile app

Attached Files

Comment

That is an Aggies truck, shouldn't you be driving a Prius in Austin?

Ha. We live way up north in Georgetown...far from Austin but I am a UT Grad... Things are so much different now. I played FB at UT in the mid 90's and A&M was such a strong and historic rival game. Too bad that does not exist anymore. I actually pull for A&M whenever they are playing. Would love to see a Texas team do well in the SEC.

Comment

Anyone tow with an Escalde?

Howd it do?

I haven't towed with the 6.2 but I've pulled all kinds of stuff with the older 6.0 Denali XL... Pulls like a dream.
                      2018 SAN 230
                      1981 Ski Nautique
                      Sold - 2011 Sport 200V
                      Sold - 2000 SAN

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by surroundsound64 View Post

I haven't towed with the 6.2 but I've pulled all kinds of stuff with the older 6.0 Denali XL... Pulls like a dream.
                          I have a 2016 G23 with Triple Axle trailer. Previous tow vehicle was 6.2 Denali XL. Pulled my X-15 Mastercraft like a dream. After first 5 hour pull to the lake with the new G23 I was instructed to get a new tow vehicle or go to the lake alone. There are a couple mountain passes with twisties and steep grades. Power was not an issue, but Denali felt "overwhelmed" by the G on the steep downward grades. My wife felt it and it scared her. Replaced with GMC Sierra Denali 3500 Diesel. No comparison. Denali XL was fine going down the straightaways, but when in the steep, twisty mountain passes, you could tell it was at its limit.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (1).jpg
Views:	290
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	538882

The Touareg has the very capable V6 TDI but bringing the boat home was a little nerve racking as the trailer brakes failed...

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

• Those two different ford set-ups are NICE!!!!
                                2018 - G23
                                2012 - 230 SANTE
                                2010 - 230 SANTE
                                2007 - 210 SANTE
                                2003 - 210 SANTE
                                1996 - Ski Nautique

Comment

Working...
                                X