No announcement yet.

Winter boat upgrade progress thread: 2016/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First shot - looking straight down at the install - one screw hole didn't line up perfectly, and I had the screws out to diagnose my fuel gauge issue.

I'm quite happy with this little idea that I had - I had a custom cover made for the engine hatch bracket so that it would stop burning my butt when i put my boat on. The two pieces appear ripped, but it was my own fault and they tore a bit when i peeled the backing off. The other looks torn because I didn't learn my lesson on the first one... I then had to 'tri

If you ignore the mess, you can see that the AquaMarine Deck went in quite well. I'll be posting a full review on my process with them (which was quite smooth) and what it all looks like once a bit cleaner. I also still have to do the swim platform, which is a bit difficult!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by theskunk; 03-22-2017, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Okay finally got to taking some pictures of the progress putting the SS back together as a SAN. first pic is of a shelf I built for the ballast pumps. I also mounted a battery switch to the front, a yandina c100 charging relay to the back, and my hydrophase throttle control motor.

Next are a few shots of the hatch latch and gas struts/supports I converted to from the old power strut.

A few shots of the engine dividers and supports

And the spot I decided to mount the shower mixing valve since there was already a hole there.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Before and after.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	before.jpg Views:	1 Size:	240.1 KB ID:	515853

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2033.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	515857

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2037.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	515858

Still needs a few hours of work to finish up.
        But aside from the flooring the upgrade list includes:
        Fresh Air Exhaust
        Rudder repack
        New Rudder cable
        General Cleaning
        Cut and Polish
        Last edited by wakejunky; 04-03-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X