First Time Ordering a new Boat - G23 Color Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time Ordering a new Boat - G23 Color Opinions

I made the decision to order my first new boat. It's going to be a g23. Here are the color combinations I am considering. Of course this changes almost hourly, but I think these are the two configs we like. Overall, I am looking for a classy boat that has some nice custom looking details. I'm also looking to do no upcharges for the hull or interior deck. Going to the G may already sink my retirement!

Couple of questions:
    1. Since the DYN system does not show the Bimini and it will always be black, I'm having trouble picturing these configs with a Black Bimini. I know the Gray will look sharp because I have black accents all over, but what is your opinion of a blue tower with a black bimini?
    2. What do people think of a white tower? I trailer a lot and I'm worried about bug guts making it look terrible. I typically tow my current boat with the tower up, but I may change that with this boat.
    3. I like the contrasting boxing on the interior on the Gray boat. Does anyone have this and do you like it?

You feedback is appreciated. I make final color selections this weekend. Delivery is Mid-May.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue White G23 Front.PNG
Views:	986
Size:	244.5 KB
ID:	547731Click image for larger version

Name:	Gray White G23 Front.PNG
Views:	601
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	547732Click image for larger version

Name:	Gray White G23 Inside.PNG
Views:	492
Size:	304.6 KB
ID:	547733Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue White G23 Inside.PNG
Views:	485
Size:	302.1 KB
ID:	547734

Lots of people post color question on here which I think is a great idea for input....but another (probably more realistic idea) is search via onlyinboards.com or just a general inventory search of dealers throughout the country to look at color combos because the "virtual" colors can look VERY different than what they are in actual outcome. Plus most will have the bimini mounted so that will help give idea on colors in combo with that too. You have prob already done this, but just a thought to help with these big decisions. Have fun!!!!

Comment

That’s great advice. The builder app helps narrow things down but their is no replacement for seeing the combo in a picture or best in person.

Comment

I prefer the blue gray color combo from your choices above

Comment

I agree, think the blue pops a bit more with the grey....grey on exterior with grey on interior appears a little bland, but always different in person and sure they would both look good in person.
          I have black tower and bug guts are still noticable and regarless they get on the racks (I keep speaker covers on tower speakers). Have heard a coat of wax makes getting the bugs off easier. Next boat I get will have a power tower so I can trailer with it down and I will have an "over the tower" cover. Easier to keep clean IMO

Comment

I agree with Guntersville - search for colors and color combinations, the DYN doesn't represent the colors very well. I found a color combo I liked and called the dealer to get the exact specs. Wizard Lake in Canada always seem to have a ton of boats and a lot of good pictures on their website.
            Concerning the white tower - I have one, it looks great, however I don't think I'd do it again. Your concerns about the bugs is spot on, and it's a pain to clean. This summer I'm going with a 3m clear plastic to cover most of the areas exposed to bugs when I trailer.
            Good luck with the decision making,

Comment

Originally posted by Infinity
              I agree, think the blue pops a bit more with the grey....grey on exterior with grey on interior appears a little bland, but always different in person and sure they would both look good in person.
              I have black tower and bug guts are still noticable and regarless they get on the racks (I keep speaker covers on tower speakers). Have heard a coat of wax makes getting the bugs off easier. Next boat I get will have a power tower so I can trailer with it down and I will have an "over the tower" cover. Easier to keep clean IMO
              Try coating the tower with Pledge furniture spray. Spray on a clean rag and wipe the tower down. Bugs won't stick and rinse right off. I learned this trick as a pilot. Pledge is used on the leading edge of the wings on small planes to easily remove bugs!

Sent from my SM-G950U using PLT Nautique mobile app

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback and insights. I love the pledge trick!

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

The second build pic with a white tower would look so nice!!!!

Comment

I like the blue/white above. Another thing to consider is....Nautique grays/silvers are harder to "see" on the water...meaning the boat is harder to see from another boater's perspective on the lake. If you have a busy lake...that might be one thing to consider.....especially in low light situations. One thing that helps with that is going with a white tower. I had a 2010 226 in Gunmetal and one of my friends told me once....man...that boat is hard to see on the water. I didn't know what he meant until I actually saw my boat from the dock coming in. He was correct..compared to a boat with a little more color.

Comment

Great feedback.
                      The Wizard Lake dealer has awesome pictures.

I ordered yesterday. I did the admiral blue configuration. I loved the idea of a white tower but I was concerned about the upkeep.

One other thing I learned, you can choose the thread color for the stitching...that awesome! Sure the are limited choices but that little bit of extra detail is really nice.

Thanks again for all the feedback and ideas.

Comment

Here is one that is similar to your top build. Pic doesn't do boat justice as it's very nice in person

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_40372.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	547909

Comment

That's awesome. I love the gray bottom but I needed to cut somewhere!

Comment

This one is mine. Our dealer had it on display at the Detroit boat show this weekend. We went with Admiral Blue main with a gunmetal flake front. Really excited on how it turned out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great looking Jharris. I love the timeless classic look

Comment

Working...
                              X