No announcement yet.

Full Seadek Floor Install on 1999 SAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow.... what a great transformation. Nice work!

Comment

I know this thread is a little old, but I'm thinking of doing the same project to my 99 SN DD. In trying to keep my budget as low as possible (because upholstery prices right now are through the roof), is it absolutely necessary to put a liner on ALL of the floor? The original post used Monstaliner, but will the SeaDek or alternative adhere just as well to the unlined fiberglass? I was just thinking that if you knew where each piece would begin and end, you could spray liner in a 6" pattern around those edges, and then use the rest to cover the seat bases etc. Just looking to cut costs on the liner and if it was worth it to save the $150-200. Thanks.

Comment

I just started looking into this as well. How much sanding and flattening did you have to do after the glue removal, but before the monstaliner?

Comment

That seadek floor is impressive work. But I have to say that from an artistic/visual style POV, it's hyper busy. Why boats and design has moved this direction is odd, and the market seems to like that. I think it appeals to the recreational, perhaps fun oh look at all this $$ sh** I bought, lines, angles, chrome, complication. If automotive stylists did the same, it would be panned I'm sure.

For example Range Rover is about simplicity and clean design. Which is on reason I chose to work on the bubble back 1997 boat. It is of an era of flowing rounded shapes and simplicity.

And for that - does anyone know how many yards of carpet off a 60" roll is needed to do the floor and sides ?

Comment

Working...
          X