No announcement yet.

1996 Sport Nautique Restoration Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris Parsons my plan is to try to fair it smooth. I’m spraying the gel coat for both the floor and the engine base. I know it’s a longshot but my hope is to get it’s so smooth that I don’t need to put SeaDek on it. If the imperfections are too visible and I don’t get it perfect then I’ll do what you did and add SeaDek there too...

Chris, I’m curious what your thoughts are on the black vinyl around the speaker grills From a vinyl design standpoint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Make sure you use duratec high gloss otherwise it will never be smooth and shiny enough.

Not sure I understand your question about the vinyl. Call me.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Parsons View Post
        Make sure you use duratec high gloss otherwise it will never be smooth and shiny enough.

Not sure I understand your question about the vinyl. Call me.

It’s easier to see pictures above in post #43. There are two pictures for each part of the boat. In one picture speakers sit between the gray and white vinyl. In the other picture there is a black accent piece of vinyl around the speakers. I’m just looking for which option you guys think looks better.

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck-Surfer View Post

It’s easier to see pictures above in post #43. There are two pictures for each part of the boat. In one picture speakers sit between the gray and white vinyl. In the other picture there is a black accent piece of vinyl around the speakers. I’m just looking for which option you guys think looks better.

I don't think you can go wrong. Personally I like the just gray.

Comment

So it's not as easy as you made it look. Lol

Comment

Hahahahaha. Yeah, it’s a lot of work. But good job man. I especially like how you did it from the side. It be great if the program truly understood 3D perspective and you can move the model around.

Comment

Any chance you’ve located a walk through window?? I also have a 96 sport missing a walk thru and Stachions.

thanks!

Comment

Updates?

Comment

Working...
                  X