No announcement yet.

New member first ski nautique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a member on CorrectCraftfan.com the reproduces the Correct Craft name plates. I am not comfortable posting his contact information here without his permission but his name, address, email, phone # is already posted on CorrectCraftfan.com
    i believe he charges $70 for exact reproductions.
    Go to CorrectCraftfan.com and search for the thread “Correct Craft Emblem Help” that was posted March 21, 2021. You will find all the information you need.

Comment

• Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
        There is a member on CorrectCraftfan.com the reproduces the Correct Craft name plates. I am not comfortable posting his contact information here without his permission but his name, address, email, phone # is already posted on CorrectCraftfan.com
        i believe he charges $70 for exact reproductions.
        Go to CorrectCraftfan.com and search for the thread “Correct Craft Emblem Help” that was posted March 21, 2021. You will find all the information you need.
        Nice tip!
        2004 206 Air Nautique Limited - Black with Vapor Blue (family style)
        1997 Masters Edition Nautique - Zephyr Green - gone (amazing ski wake)
        1982 Mastercraft Powerslot - gone (a primitive but wonderful beast)
        Bellevue WA

Comment

• 2 days, a qaurt of paint stripper and a very loose interpretation of wet sanding has the hull cleaned up nice for 42 years old.
          the obvious repairs from what looks like ramming the trailer ended being much less than the patches made them seem.
          when the boat was gutted a spotlight on the outside didnt reveal anything bad, just some gouges and no internal damage or the boat would've been in the landfill.

someone used black ge 100% silicone on the right side (pointing to whats left) covered with bondo primed, painted then primed and painted again at some point.
          the left side was patched with bondo.

the paint job, from the blue stripe down and on the hull up at the bow was done directly over brown scummy water stains.

Otherwise the hull is really in pretty good shape and i'd rather it wore 42 year old gelcoat than that paint job.

trailer work progressing, new axel and hubs, tongue lengthened 3 1/2 feet, new winch tower and accessories, the slam bang bow stop will go back on after the boat is correctly positioned, then another crossmember/ hull support and guide up front and the rear goal posts get fitted so the boat always loads in the same spot and doesnt need to be power loaded and or slam banged onto the trailer at ramming speed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0656.JPG
Views:	401
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	634500Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0657.JPG
Views:	368
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	634501Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0658.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	634502Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0659.JPG
Views:	367
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	634503Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0660.JPG
Views:	368
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	634504Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0661.JPG
Views:	360
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	634505

Comment

• Getting there! Can't wait to see her in the water.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Bellevue WA

Comment

• That is a crazy amount of work. Great job.

Comment

• Ground out and glassed, 7 layers port, 9 layers starb, bubble rolled real nice.
                thats it, glass work done as far as repairs/rebuild goes.

pylon foot and shaft log can't get bedded down until engine goes in and alignment is good.
                If weather cooperates the boat and trailer have a date next weekend.

Name:	SANY0662.JPG
Views:	389
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	634581Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0663.JPG
Views:	360
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	634582Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0664.JPG
Views:	353
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	634583Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0665.JPG
Views:	350
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	634584

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0683.JPG
Views:	333
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	634919Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0680.JPG
Views:	330
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	634920Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0679.JPG
Views:	358
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	634921Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0677.JPG
Views:	339
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	634922Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0678.JPG
Views:	332
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	634923Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0682.JPG
Views:	335
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	634924

ready for gel touch up, dealing with weather.
                  mean time have to order tuffcoat non skid.

leaning towards carribean blue but medium blue is probably best.
                  throw your color pick at me, tuffcoatmarine.com go to color chart

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	SANY0666.JPG Views:	0 Size:	26.4 KB ID:	634926Click image for larger version  Name:	SANY0667.JPG Views:	0 Size:	29.6 KB ID:	634927Click image for larger version  Name:	SANY0669.JPG Views:	0 Size:	27.9 KB ID:	634928Click image for larger version  Name:	SANY0670.JPG Views:	0 Size:	22.3 KB ID:	634929Click image for larger version  Name:	SANY0675.JPG Views:	0 Size:	44.6 KB ID:	634930Click image for larger version  Name:	SANY0676.JPG Views:	0 Size:	43.2 KB ID:	634931

should have posted this first, i used mary kate on & off on the bottom and it didnt touch the stains.
                    Used 1000 grit on the grinder and it cleaned up the hi spots on the print thru. The bottom looks like frosted mini wheats, its hilarious.
                    all thru hull mounting pads from bow eye to swim platform are cleaned drilled ready to go, resin soaked were wood is involved (rudder and swim platform). All hardware is cleaned and on deck.

all things considered the hull cleaned up nice, a fast and loose once over with 1500 and 2000, then the buffer, she'll look just as good as any other 42 yr. old sport model that's had a hard life.
                    Last edited by wayoutthere; 04-16-2021, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Weather + company ='s slow.
                      Thank you to the members who directed me to stan, the CorrectCraft emblems arrived today and are first class pieces of work

Name:	SANY0690.JPG
Views:	398
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	635227

Comment

• I'm almost thinking you keep the hull as is....it's really got a cool patina with the half faded and checked graphics. And then you'd have the contrast of the hull to the brand new interior...almost gives the boat a retro-mod feel. But maybe that's what you already have in mind? Just sort of thinking out loud...

I looked at the colors...are these going to be interior deck colors? I'm assuming the top boat decks stay white and this is basically a flooring color? If so, I think any any of the blues look really nice...I'd prolly skip the light blue (as you have) but I might take a closer look at the waterpark blue. I'm sort of biased to darker colors sooo take it for what it's worth.

Those side emblems look great.
                        Bellevue WA

Comment

• Patina, contrast, retro mod, all very good words and she's got alot of that going on believe me.

Tuff coat in medium blue arrived this evening ( the 2 part primer didn't )

ups damaged the first shipment of zinc paint and amazon cancelled the order followed by me asking amazon if they thought i ordered the zinc paint because i didnt need it.
                          that got straightened out and it arrived this evening. 1 quart of zinc paint for the trailer weighs 6 & 1/2 pounds.

company hit the beach and i got 4 hours of sanding in, from the blue line to the keel came a long way, ( and no further )
                          for some reason too much effort went into cleaning up the chines
                          1 more coat of touch up gel fingers crossed.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	SANY0696.JPG Views:	0 Size:	43.3 KB ID:	635278 Click image for larger version  Name:	SANY0691.JPG Views:	0 Size:	59.2 KB ID:	635279 Click image for larger version  Name:	SANY0692.JPG Views:	0 Size:	48.8 KB ID:	635280
                          Last edited by wayoutthere; 04-23-2021, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• Company left this morning, got last swipe of thickened gel coat on today
                            last week my buddy helped install the hardware, 4200 sealant thru out and all screw heads point the same way.
                            (nice to have help who knows what they're doing)

2 part epoxy primer for non skid is here, another gallon of non skid is on the way.
                            Have duratech for last of the last gel touch up.

it's going to be a busy couple of weeks--- again ! But getting the hardware on is like a milestone, theres a light in the distance now

Name:	SANY0698.JPG
Views:	306
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	635617 Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0699.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	635618 Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0700.JPG
Views:	291
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	635619 Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0701.JPG
Views:	290
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	635620

Comment

• Last of the gel touch up, 2 coats 50/50 gel/duratech over 1 coat straight gel.
                              first time using duratech, we'll see how it wet sands in a couple days.

The hull really came back to life for 42 yrs old. It never needed the paint job it got.
                              wash it when finished and wax it once a year she woulda really been a lot nicer, faded, scratched, rotted, yeah but nicer !

Name:	SANY0704.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	635714 Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0705.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	635715

Comment

• The gel with duratech sanded down real nice, that's a thousand grit and that's it for the gel.

nonskid time, all material is here. The directions note requirements and time frame from seal/prime to apply nonskid is very good,
                                problem lies in dry to touch, going to need a couple good days in a row uncovered.

5 day chemical cure, the stuff better be nice and wear like iron

Name:	SANY0706.JPG
Views:	257
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	635821 Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0707.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	635822

Comment

Working...
                                X