No announcement yet.

New member first ski nautique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i liked where the boat is on the trailer so the bow stop got made. Paint it and put the hdpe pieces on when it goes in the water.
    like i said metal fab, bodywork and welding, the holy trinity of things i suck at

Comment

• Sea trial, it started and idled down nice, nothing seemed out of place and as far as i can see the packing gland nut is so loose the drip is coming out between the threads instead of out of the front of the nut.

admittedly i was skeptical but like captain ron said, "if anythings gonna happen, it'll happen out there"

it didn't sink, didn't leak, didn't blow off any hoses and after an idle stop screw and shift link adjustment

it idles in gear nice, definitely catching f-n-r correctly, making temp oil pressure and charging.

after a half hour of back and forth (in the channel, next to the spoil islands right off christiansons landing grant fl.) at and under 3000 rpm, couldn't resist the temptation and cracked it open.

i was dumbfounded how fast it went, with that 4blade o.j. figured 40 and i'd be happy.

so had to check the gps and fire up the other camera for an up/down wind short run.

this week is fluid changes alignment re check, once over the whole thing and more test runs.

the things a pleasure to tow launch load and run. No issues docking and it was windy and choppy.

Video sound is crappy, no idea what for. There is a hard acceleration towards the end and also thanks to everyone who had advice tech help and kept me going on this. Still more tinkereing but got some faith now she'll come back real well.
      https://youtu.be/amRF8AL7zyw
      https://youtu.be/OoSNYeDsZiM

Comment

• Dang....did I see that right? She banged out a 48mph? sheeeee-it.
        2004 206 Air Nautique Limited - Black with Vapor Blue (family style)
        1997 Masters Edition Nautique - Zephyr Green - gone (amazing ski wake)
        1982 Mastercraft Powerslot - gone (a primitive but wonderful beast)
        Bellevue WA

Comment

• Long day, did some wet sanding and waxing, deck transom seats swim platform, and got the windshield mounted.

yep 48, bet that windshield knocks 1 off

Comment

• shadow will be black, and touch up the t & u were i screwed up. Masking starboard now.
            Last edited by wayoutthere; 11-14-2021, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• zoiinks. lotta taping there. I hope you had beer.
              Bellevue WA

Comment

• Port t & u touch up

Start the shadow tomorrow , problems are;
                i don't know how long to wait before the new paint can be taped so i don't ruin it.
                not sure if if it's worth trying to keep the gap between the blue and black shadow.
                i suck at this, but managed to not mis spell nothing.
                about 6 hours taping each side.

Comment

• rustoleum is saying 4-6 days before the paint can be wet sanded so i'll give that before the shadow can be painted.
                  At that point think i'll mask the gel all the way around then mask, paint and pull tape off the letters for each shadow 1 at a time.

the edge gaurd wasn't supposed to show up till the 22nd

Comment

• Do you like doing this futzy detail work or would you prefer to be laying glass?

Boat's looking good!
                    Bellevue WA

Comment

• I don't mind the futzies but i'm no body/finish/detailler. I can see and/or feel everything thats wrong, i just can't bring it to a high luster.
                      with that, it makes the futzies hard because it seems like so little get's done for so many hours of work with "less than" results far as i'm concerned.

laying glass isn't bad, all the grinding is !

Comment

• i followed the razorblade marks from the original shadowing exactly with fine line and brushed on rustoleum gloss black, peeled the tape as i went along. Do the other side tomorrow. Is what it is, couldn't be sanded off, every letter and shadow the gelcoat is all sliced up.

Comment

• Yesterday i used the same brush as on the left, today the brush on the right painted twice as fast.

same thing, followed the original razor blade slices with fine line painted and pulled as i went along

Comment

• She looks good! I think she should buy you dinner today to give thanks for rescuing her from the scrapyard.
                            Bellevue WA

Comment

• Originally posted by SilentSeven View Post
                              She looks good! I think she should buy you dinner today to give thanks for rescuing her from the scrapyard.
                              And a couple of after dinner irish coffees !

There are welds to die for and drool over, These are not those.

These i call em pepto bismo beads.

they get painted in blue metalcast (same as the helm adapter plate) and some edge guard
                              Last edited by wayoutthere; 11-30-2021, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• not a bad day, got the house cleaned, evergleam up and a buddy gave me the scoop on some skis, i picked up the lot for 60 bucks.

keeping the ho and obrien combo w/ the holy fins.

Comment

Working...
                                X