New Rims and Tires for the boat trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rims and Tires for the boat trailer

I finally pulled the trigger after exhausting all information regarding non-ST tires in a trailer carrying my baby. I have researched every aspect of sidewall strength, load limits, types of belting, types of vulcanizing, sidewall thickness, etc etc etc....

Came to the conclusion that in my circumstance, non-ST tires on 18" rims will be safe.

I know there are people out there that are totally against this and others say it will be ok. So my research was done thoroughly enough to make the decision. I understand from both sides and agree with both sides, so I am not joining any sides. For me, I decided to do it. Please don't reply telling me that my boat will implode when all the non-ST tires collapse under the load and that the sidewalls will egg out or the rims will shatter.....I understand the risk i am taking, just wanted to show how they look

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0306.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	374405Click image for larger version

Name:	BoatwithRibelleRims_d.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	374406Click image for larger version

Name:	BoatwithRibelleRims_a.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	374407
    Gone - 2008 Air Nautique SV-211 Team Ed - Death by Fire

Looks real good, I prefer to spend on the boat and the things that go behind it, but it's those kind of things that make your boat your's so don't worry what others think.

Comment

That is freakin' HOT!!! Gotta look good going to the lake too!!! What did they set you back, about 2K? Don't new custom trailers come with that type of wheel and tire combo? Great choice in wheels too!
      2005 SV-211

Comment

Old Wheels

Those are nice new wheels. Is that a DHM trailer? Would you be willing to sell one of the old wheels? I need a spare. Thanks
        Nautiqueless in San Diego

Comment

TX-Foilhead - thanks bro... your right!!

Ski4evr - yeah they were about 1800.. but was a pain to get the right offset and tire width to clear the inner fender, but it cleared without any mods to the trailer

Thanks for the compliments

Comment

Rick - Thanks bro, It is an eagle trailer, sorry I am holding on the factory wheels just in case

Comment

That is pretty crazy, do the wheels/tires match your tow rig?? Nice looking setup!!

Have pretty much the same trailer, were/are the stock tires 205/75-14's? Could you also post the new tire/wheel specs, could save someone else all the leg work you did, myself included should I ever decide to pimp out my trailer like that!!

Comment

looks good dude
                2003 SANTE - "OG 210"

Comment

Quinner - the rims are 18x9 with 0 offset 5 on 4.5 lug pattern, tires are nitto nt555 245r18 40

there was a slight rubbing on the inside of one of the tires on the wood fender, simple dremel tool took care of that. I took it down bumpy roads and no more rubbing

Thanks obd

Comment

they look great. I agree trailers need to look good too. I like walking into the garage and seeing a nice set of mag rims.

Safe travels.

Comment

Trailer wheels & tires

I agree, looks good and I took the same direction in going w/ non-ST tires with little worry but then again, I trailer 1 mile a couple of times a year (boat normally sits on covered lift). OK, I know what's coming, regardless of how often the trailer is out of the "man cave", it's gotta look good!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by 2004196; 03-13-2011, 02:59 PM.
                      2004 196 LE Black/Grey
                      330HP Excalibur Water Churner
                      2002 Grey F150 Harley
                      475+HP Supercharged Tire Burner

Comment

Yeah, I read so many pros and cons and i understand the dangers or lack there of, either way, it's done and I love it. Yours looks great bro

Comment

Working...
                        X