Flush Pro Alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flush Pro Alternative

I am looking to make my own version of the Flush Pro. I want to make a permanent flushing alternative so I don't need to remove the hose each time I plan to run the boat outside the lake. Here is my mock up.

What do you think?

For a 1997 Ski Nautique by the way.
    Last edited by BrennanK; 04-24-2011, 06:37 PM.
    1997 Ski Nautique

Looks good. Do you think there is a need to block off the intake during flushing?
    04 SANTE 210
    89 SPORT

Comment

just get a spare strainer screen cup.

Originally posted by johnboyy7 View Post
      Looks good. Do you think there is a need to block off the intake during flushing?
      I just got a spare strainer screen cup and drilled a hole in it and screwed in a hose barb. When I need to run in the driveway take out the original and put in the modified one and attach the hose. I don't need to block my intake, works fine.

Comment

That might be a good idea. Just so there is no lack of flow / pressure.
        That would also eliminate a lot of the "plumbing"
        I have a hose Y pipe in the image. I would try and get a more substantial one for the actual project.

Here is the modified plan.

Last edited by BrennanK; 04-24-2011, 07:50 PM.
        1997 Ski Nautique

Comment

Originally posted by Nordicron View Post
          I just got a spare strainer screen cup and drilled a hole in it and screwed in a hose barb. When I need to run in the driveway take out the original and put in the modified one and attach the hose. I don't need to block my intake, works fine.
          The guys I bought mine from used this method to winterize also. They had a medium tub with a 12v pump in it. Replaced the strainer, closed the RW intake valve, and turned on the pump. The tub was placed under the exhaust and after the blue stuff started coming out, the engine was started and ran until operating temperature was reached. I stored mine inside this winter, so I didn't winterize, but that seemed to be a very painless way to do it.
          2005 SV-211

Comment

If you use your design, use real engine hose, not the stuff in your picture.

I like the strainer with hole and hose barb idea.
            Now
            2000 SAN

Previously
            1999 Air Nautique
            1996 Tige Pre-2000
            1989 Lowe 24' Pontoon / Johnson 100HP outboard

Comment

use a similar set up to the first diagram i have a perko water inlet fitting for the water hose that i mounted through a existing hole in the hull. works great and as long as the engine speed is not to high the lift pump will pull in what it needs and the excess will go out the pick up

Comment

I finished my little project. I decided to go with a non-permanent install. I used DanialC's idea and made something very similar. I like it better than anything else, I have way more control over what is happening and is easy to flush with anti-freeze also.

Here is an image of it at work.

1997 Ski Nautique

Comment

Working...
                X