Clarion radio reception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarion radio reception

Ok anyone have issues with the clarion radios not being able to pick up radio stations?

looking for some sort of solution.

Thanks
    Wisconsin
    2001 196 Ski Nautique
    2013 200V Team Edition

I have had the same problem in my G. I can't get a single FM station through clear.
    2015 G23 Coastal Edition 450 NSS
    2013 G23 Coastal Edition 450 NSS

Comment

I have alpine head unit and reception sucks. I now have antenna coming up side of glove box and over passenger windshield. it look bad but does work better. seriously thought about putting small antenna thru hull on passenger side, kind of opposite of where gps puck is. i tried powered antenna and it was no better.

Comment

Two issues. The first, FM signals are pretty much line of sight. Since water tends to collect in low places, between hills, most boating is done in pretty poor coverage areas for FM reception.

The other issue is most radio antennas require a ground plane. On a metal car, the car body is the ground plane. On a fiberglass boat, there is very little ground plane. Mounting the radio antenna on, but insulated from, the wakeboard tower may provide a ground plane.

Comment

I have the same problem so I crawled into the ski locker to chase my wires. The head unit radio input plugs into a white pigtail wire that is about 2' long. The pigtail ends at a eye terminal that is very nicely crimped and shrink wrapped but the eye terminal isn't connected to anything. That is obviously the problem. Should it be seated on a windshield bolt? I didn't see any during my first look but that's what I imagine would be correct.

Any help from the radio experts out there will be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X