FAE vs Nautique Surf Pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAE vs Nautique Surf Pipe

My 2014 210 was optioned without a Surf Pipe. This is a option that I personally feel I must have. The Nautique Surf pipe cost $825 vs the FAE option at $480. I think the Surf Pipe looks sharper than the FAE but for $345 more?? If I go FAE is the Flappers a good idea? Does the blended weld look that much better? The only time the pipe is seen is when it's out of the water. Does the look of it really matter?

I don't think so. I have a FAE and I love it. I would buy a boat that had FAE or surf pipe over one that didn't .

Comment

I went without the flappers or the blended welds and don't have any regrets.

I do agree the Nautique pipe is much better looking, but at that price I don't think I could justify it.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	1.03 MB ID:	507582Click image for larger version  Name:	image_35276.png Views:	1 Size:	687.2 KB ID:	507581

I like the look of the Nautique pipe better also... That being said I couldn't justify spending that much more on it (almost double ). I went FAE and am extremely pleased by the function and look of the pipe, works very well. I did do the blended welds, it wasn't that much more and something I could justify.

Last edited by ScooterMcgavin; 12-21-2016, 04:33 PM.
        2009 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
        2006 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
        1989 Sport Nautique

Comment

Looks great. The blended welds do clean it up a bit more.

Comment

i got the nautique pipe... just seemed better... i like its looks...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0086.JPG Views:	1 Size:	68.9 KB ID:	507624

Comment

I've had both and I would recommend the surf pipe. The surf pipe attaches better, looks factory and doesn't need the goofy brace kit that looks like an erector set. I also had trouble with my FAE partially slipping off the flange if I made hard turns. I later had a welder fab and powder coat a custom brace for mine which helped some.

Comment

Is the surf pipe compatible with the 2008 210?
                2008 SAN 210
                1997 Sport Nautique

Comment

guess it depends on what you mean by compatible, my boat above is 2008 210 with surf pipe, it required a bit of work to install

Comment

I just seen on nautiqueparts that it only was for 2014+. I really don't like the clunky looking bracket that attaches to the swim platform on the FAE. Would you mind explaining what is all involved to get the surf pipe to work on the older models?
                    2008 SAN 210
                    1997 Sport Nautique

Comment

the hole pattern is different so you need to drill and fill a few holes, also the nautique surf pipe extends into the exhaust system by a couple of extra inches, so you need to adjust some of the rubber hoses... i'll snap some closer pics and post to try and explain better

Comment

hole pattern pic, the pattern is similar but is off just enough that you'll have to drill some new holes

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0154.JPG
Views:	707
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	510809

surf pipe extends into that rubber tube several inches so you'll need to adjust that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0159.JPG
Views:	699
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	510810

Comment

Does Nautique's surf pipe have a flapper? I know there has been some discussion about getting the flapper on the FAE kits. I opted out but, I'm not concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by wakejunky View Post
                            Does Nautique's surf pipe have a flapper? I know there has been some discussion about getting the flapper on the FAE kits. I opted out but, I'm not concerned.
                            No the Nautique surf pipe doesn't have a flapper.
                            2009 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
                            2006 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
                            1989 Sport Nautique

Comment

I did end up going with FAE instead of the Surf Pipe. In all it the look of the FAE didn't bother me since it's only seen on the lift or on the trailer. For 1/2 the price I opted to just go with it. I did not got with the flapper, the rep at FAE actually talked me out of the flapper. Hopefully will have the install done soon! High 50's and sunny in Michigan this weekend... we are tempted to take it out on the water for the weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Working...
                              X