Oil Filter Cross Reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Filter Cross Reference

Is there a cross reference oil filter to the one recommended in the manual? Part # recommended is R077001

Also, does everyone change the fuel filter as part of winterization process?
    Last edited by jslipher; 10-23-2017, 01:48 PM.

I believe the R077001 crosses to Napa 1515, Motorcraft FL1A, Mercruiser 35-802886T, Fram PH8A and some others. I used to use the Mercruiser part when I worked at a marina, they were on the shelf. Or Napa 1515, because you could get one the same day more easily around where I live.

Comment

Wixfilters.com; and yes, change your dang fuel filter!

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Don't use fram! Lots of sites say they are junk. Go with the FL1A. Cheap at Walmart and a very good filter!

Sent from my SM-A520W using PLT Nautique mobile app

"I'm on a boat........"

Comment

So did some Xref check on the KnN filter website and found the Ford 173231 and GM 9002514 specified OEM part numbers are also shown for the R077001 PCM specified filter and in Australia we have RYCO Z9 filter as replacements specified generally available at any auto shop so instead of paying $50 from local Nautique dealer for R077001 filter I’ll be using the $10 RYCO next oil change. Also PCM state clearly use a mineral oil for most of their engines so don’t waste money on synthetic oil especially when changing each yr as recommended.

Comment

The correct Fram number is POS- JUNK.

Comment

I use the proper Mobil 1 filter on mine, FWIW-with Filter Mags on it...

Comment

Originally posted by jslipher View Post
                Is there a cross reference oil filter to the one recommended in the manual? Part # recommended is R077001

Also, does everyone change the fuel filter as part of winterization process?
                I change the fuel/water filter separator at each oil change. The FCC fuel filter I change ever 200 hours. I order these in bulk when I order my PCM oil filter from Nautique Parts. Generally I order 4 oil filters, 4 fuel/water separators and 2 FCC fuel filters at a time.

Comment

FYI. This cross reference and test result chart has been around on the forum for a few years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oilfilter Ratings.JPG
Views:	41761
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	598767
                  Last edited by greggmck; 12-22-2019, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Don't forget your Filter Mags for you anal-retentive types...

Comment

Yes. Oil Filter Monthly is a wonderful mag. I especially like the articles about how to make yard art from old oil filters!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X