Oil Pressure Switch Location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pressure Switch Location?

I have a 2007 Super Air Nautique, I replaced the oil pressure sensor and need to replace the oil pressure switch. Can someone tell me where the Oil Pressure Switch is located on the 2007 5.7L engine?

This site has a great resource in the manuals and brochures section. Just look up in your year and motor.
    1998 SN GT40
    84 2001 Ski Nautique (sold)
    Monticello MN.

Comment

they should be right beside each other I just replaced the senser for the oil gauge not long ago they are on a "tee" block together.

Comment

Yes, agreed. Great resources but after searching them, still can’t find where the oil pressure switch is. My engine light symptoms are that of needing to replace the oil pressure sender and the oil pressure switch. The sensor/sender was easy, unfortunately I still have the engine light issue in neutral.

Comment

After looking thru the 2007 PCM manual and parts books I see not indication that this engine has an oil pressure switch or water temp switch, only senders. I found this note about all the things that can light the check engine light.
          The sensors that the ECM monitors are:
          • Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor
          • Throttle Position (TP) Sensor
          • Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor
          • Knock Sensor (KS) System
          • Crankshaft Positioning (CKP) Sensor
          • Camshaft Positioning (CMP) Sensor
          • Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor
          • Throttle Control Position (TCP) Sensor
          If, for any reason, one or more of these sensors or associated wiring malfunctions, the ECM’s built-in selfdiagnostic system sets a trouble code and turns on the “MIL” Malfunction Indicator Lamp or “Check Engine” lamp (if equipped) to alert the operator of a malfunction.
          In most cases, when the “MIL” or “Check Engine” light is on, the engine(s) may lose some performance and/or effi ciency, but remain running adequately. Also, the light may go out or become intermittent, but a trouble code will be logged for future diagnosis.

What are the symptoms of when your light comes on? You mention when in neutral. Always when in neutral? after running a while? ??? Have you checked for codes?
          1998 SN GT40
          Monticello MN.

Comment

I agree, It supposed to be on a T bar with the sender. What was the sender attached to? Pic?

Comment

Originally posted by Bmerck View Post
              I have a 2007 Super Air Nautique, I replaced the oil pressure sensor and need to replace the oil pressure switch. Can someone tell me where the Oil Pressure Switch is located on the 2007 5.7L engine?
              If it’s the zr6 there is no switch per the engine manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Which year manual did you see that in? I have a 2006 with a ZR6 and mine has one (I’ve replaced it so I know it’s there). Here’s a pic From the 06 manual where 7 is the sender, 8 is the T, and 9 is the switch. In mine, the T was physically larger and looked more like and actual T shape.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jkallen21 View Post
                  Which year manual did you see that in? I have a 2006 with a ZR6 and mine has one (I’ve replaced it so I know it’s there). Here’s a pic From the 06 manual where 7 is the sender, 8 is the T, and 9 is the switch. In mine, the T was physically larger and looked more like and actual T shape.
                  From the 07 manual which I got from the section on this site - https://www.planetnautique.com/Corre...07/20076.0.pdf Also, I just replaced my oil sender 2 weeks ago. I did not see a switch anywhere and couldn't find a part for it on the parts site I was using.

Here's the screenshot of it. I'm not sure why the change from 06 - 07 maybe a different engine????

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 8.51.17 AM.png
Views:	781
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	614895

Comment

Thank you all for posting the diagrams! It turns out that my 2007 5.7L engine does not have that switch, I spoke to the local Nautique dealer and there is just a cap on the other side of the the connector piece on my engine. We replaced a couple of other sensors and I still get the engine light when transitioning back to idle. It's likely time to get a fault code reader, I've spent a lot of time and $s shooting in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by mpost View Post
                      After looking thru the 2007 PCM manual and parts books I see not indication that this engine has an oil pressure switch or water temp switch, only senders. I found this note about all the things that can light the check engine light.
                      The sensors that the ECM monitors are:
                      • Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor
                      • Throttle Position (TP) Sensor
                      • Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor
                      • Knock Sensor (KS) System
                      • Crankshaft Positioning (CKP) Sensor
                      • Camshaft Positioning (CMP) Sensor
                      • Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor
                      • Throttle Control Position (TCP) Sensor
                      If, for any reason, one or more of these sensors or associated wiring malfunctions, the ECM’s built-in selfdiagnostic system sets a trouble code and turns on the “MIL” Malfunction Indicator Lamp or “Check Engine” lamp (if equipped) to alert the operator of a malfunction.
                      In most cases, when the “MIL” or “Check Engine” light is on, the engine(s) may lose some performance and/or effi ciency, but remain running adequately. Also, the light may go out or become intermittent, but a trouble code will be logged for future diagnosis.

What are the symptoms of when your light comes on? You mention when in neutral. Always when in neutral? after running a while? ??? Have you checked for codes?
                      Thank you mpost for the info. It is nearly always in idle. It may also come on when cruising very slowly. At any kind of speed or when while we're surfing everything seems fine. It just comes back on when we stop to go back and pick up a surfer. I think I will take your advice and go find a fault code reader to see what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmerck View Post

Thank you mpost for the info. It is nearly always in idle. It may also come on when cruising very slowly. At any kind of speed or when while we're surfing everything seems fine. It just comes back on when we stop to go back and pick up a surfer. I think I will take your advice and go find a fault code reader to see what's going on.
                        You bet,
                        Good luck with your continued search.
                        1998 SN GT40
                        Monticello MN.

Comment

Go to Harbor Freight and get a manual oil pressure kit. It’s about $50 I think. You screw it on where your “plug” is and it has an analog gauge to show you the actual pressure. Then compare this against the dash.

Curious - did you replace the sender and did you use actual Nautique parts? I had to replace mine twice to get it working reliably.

Comment

Originally posted by jkallen21 View Post
                            Go to Harbor Freight and get a manual oil pressure kit. It’s about $50 I think. You screw it on where your “plug” is and it has an analog gauge to show you the actual pressure. Then compare this against the dash.

Curious - did you replace the sender and did you use actual Nautique parts? I had to replace mine twice to get it working reliably.
                            Yes, I did replace the sender and I purchased it from the local Nautique dealer so I assume it was a Nautique part. It was taking a long time to arrive so I also ordered one from Nautique online. With your experience, I may as well put this 2nd sender on to see if it resolves the issue. I paid the Nautique mechanic to come out to my slip and look at it yesterday. It turns out my connector is corroded and his computer couldn't read the fault codes. He said I'm flying blind until I can take it in, they can't fix that connector in my slip.

I will let you know if the 2nd sender has any impact.

Comment

Are you sure it’s the CEL that is lighting up? In addition to the larger CEL, mine also has a smaller light that stays on at idle and a sticker that reads something like “if this light stays on above 1200 rpm you have a problem.”

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Working...
                              X