Oil Pressure Switch Location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Helmsmn View Post
    Are you sure it’s the CEL that is lighting up? In addition to the larger CEL, mine also has a smaller light that stays on at idle and a sticker that reads something like “if this light stays on above 1200 rpm you have a problem.”

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique
    Yes, it's the CEL, I only have one light. It coming on is new, it actually started after I cleaned the flame arrestor with carburetor cleaner although that could have been a coincidence. Interestingly enough it does go off around 1,000 to 1,200 RPMs every time. But like I mentioned, this is a new happening - it never used to come on. I also found that the water pump had been spraying water all over for some time, didn't notice it until the serpentine belt began to squeal. That has been fixed and we replaced the Nock Sensors and the oil pressure sender. Still have the CEL on at low RPMs and when we throttle down to pick up a surfer.

BTW, had the local Nautique dealer come out, they fixed the items I mentioned. The leaking water pump corroded the connecter and we can't read the fault codes until I pull the boat out of the water and take it in so I'm still searching for possible causes. Otherwise, I'll pull it out after the season and take it over. For now, it runs great. The CEL and occasional crawl mode are the only issues. A quick stop and restart takes care of that.

Any thoughts are welcome...

Comment

Originally posted by mpost View Post
      After looking thru the 2007 PCM manual and parts books I see not indication that this engine has an oil pressure switch or water temp switch, only senders. I found this note about all the things that can light the check engine light.
      The sensors that the ECM monitors are:
      • Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor
      • Throttle Position (TP) Sensor
      • Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor
      • Knock Sensor (KS) System
      • Crankshaft Positioning (CKP) Sensor
      • Camshaft Positioning (CMP) Sensor
      • Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor
      • Throttle Control Position (TCP) Sensor
      If, for any reason, one or more of these sensors or associated wiring malfunctions, the ECM’s built-in selfdiagnostic system sets a trouble code and turns on the “MIL” Malfunction Indicator Lamp or “Check Engine” lamp (if equipped) to alert the operator of a malfunction.
      In most cases, when the “MIL” or “Check Engine” light is on, the engine(s) may lose some performance and/or effi ciency, but remain running adequately. Also, the light may go out or become intermittent, but a trouble code will be logged for future diagnosis.

What are the symptoms of when your light comes on? You mention when in neutral. Always when in neutral? after running a while? ??? Have you checked for codes?
      Thought I would add some new info. The CEL goes away around 1,000 to 2,000 RPMs and, this all started after I cleaned the flame arrestor with carburetor cleaner but that could be a coincidence.

Comment

Maybe all that carb cleaner affected one of the sensors in the intake path? Interesting the manual does not state that oil pressure is monitored for the CEL? I assume you have monitored that when the CEL come on. ???
        1998 SN GT40
        84 2001 Ski Nautique (sold)
        Monticello MN.

Comment

Working...
        X