Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swim Platform Non-Slip Padding is Coming Up - what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swim Platform Non-Slip Padding is Coming Up - what to do?

2015 Super Air Nautique 210
    The swim platform non-slip padding is coming up. There are three pieces in all on the swim platform. This is the middle piece. However, I noticed the other two pieces have bubbles in them.
    had to pull a couple of strips off so I wouldn't lose it while we were out surfing the other day. I could re-glue them but it seems like a better option would be to just buy the entire piece and re-attach it. I can't seem to find the actual piece. My assumption was you could find the OEM piece and it would have some paper you'd pull away exposing the sticky side and you'd just stick it back on.

Is that incorrect?

If so, what kind of glue do people use to re-attach it?

Or is there a 3rd option?

The original platform material was SeaDek and you are correct that it was a press and stick application. Are they still in good condition? Not sure what to use for adhesive but maybe check with SeaDek to see if they have a recommendation. If you need new ones, it looks like NautiqueParts has them: https://nautiqueparts.com/2011-2015-...atform-seadek/ or you can go with another company like Aquad Marine Deck: https://www.aquamarinedeck.com/boatk...que-210/build/

I am currently working with Aqua Marine Deck on a flooring kit to replace the carpet in my 230 along with refreshing the platform and other factory SeaDek that is showing its age. So far customer service has been great and very responsive.
    Shawn

2012 Blue Metal Flake SAN 230

1999 Black and Tan Python 502 Powered Super Sport (for Sale)

Comment

s_kelley2000 thank you for your comments. Do you know if they make this same "teak" colored setup but in gray?

Comment

I think this is what you need: https://nautiqueparts.com/titanium-3...atform-seadek/

I think the Planet Nautique discount code is still PND for another 10% off.
        Shawn

2012 Blue Metal Flake SAN 230

1999 Black and Tan Python 502 Powered Super Sport (for Sale)

Comment

s_kelley2000 thank you. That is exactly what I need.

Do you have any experience with replacing SeaDek? My question focuses around how much detail should I give and how do I remove the old glue from the swim platform before installing the new SeaDek? Does the old glue need to be completely removed and if so, what's the most effective way of removing it? I'd prefer to not use a Dremel or anything like that. Is there a substance like Goo Gone or Goof Off that should be used or is a little left over glue expected and not a concern?

Comment

When I replaced mine, I used a heat gun and a plastic putty knife. That got most, and then I finished with soap and a mildly abrasive scrub pad. Came up easier than I thought it would.
            Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X