1999 SAN Winter Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 SAN Winter Upgrades

So since we decided to keep our boat instead of buying something newer, I decided to do a bunch of the upgrades that I have been wanting to do for awhile. My big project last year was to replace the carpet on the floor with SeaDek. Here are some of the highlights for this winter:

* Custom SeaDek to the top of the deck, gunnel cupholders, glove box lid, bow, and transom.
    * Replace sidewall carpet with black ribbed Hydroturf (now all carpet is out of the boat).
    * Totally revamped stereo adding 2 Rev10s, 4 XS 650s, XS12 subwoofer in custom rear/forward-facing ported enclosure, Arc Audio 600.2, 1000.1, and 2 300.4s.
    * Two Lumitech SeablazeX underwater LEDs.
    * FAE.
    * New custom Sunbrella cover.
    * New hull decals, pinstriping, and black chromax transom decal (matching registration decals on order).
    * New swim platform (added at the end of last season).
    * New over-the-tower bimini from nautiqueparts (also added at the very end of last season).

Huge props to Zach at N3 Boatworks (again) for his help in navigating the SeaDek order and hooking me up with all the new decals.

We took the boat to the lake today for the first time this season and it was great. Even the wife agreed that all the money and time that went into it was totally worth it.
    Attached Files
    2017 G23
    2012 210 TE
    1999 SAN
    1995 Sport
    1991 Sport

Great job! The Arc Audio hardware is awesome.
    2008 210 SANTE

Comment

awesome work.. with the SeaDek your boat looks better then new.

I did not like the carpet in my last boat and the carpet was one little reason i did not bough a Malibu.

Comment

WOW! You put a lot of time and love into upgrading the boat and it clearly shows. It is amazing how bringing some of the new features into an older boat really upgrades the look and feel. Well done!

Comment

Wow, the seadek looks awesome! How much power are you running to the in-boats? Two 300.4's to power 4 speakers? I'm assuming the 600.2 is for the towers. How does your bimini fit with the Rev10's?
          2000 Air Nautique

Comment

Originally posted by jchamlin View Post
            Wow, the seadek looks awesome! How much power are you running to the in-boats? Two 300.4's to power 4 speakers? I'm assuming the 600.2 is for the towers. How does your bimini fit with the Rev10's?
            Bimini is over-the-tower, so no fit issues. One 300.4 powers the 4 in-boats and one (bridged) 300.4 powers two Icon8s that are mounted lower on the tower. You can see them if you look closely at some of the pics.
            2017 G23
            2012 210 TE
            1999 SAN
            1995 Sport
            1991 Sport

Comment

Excellent job Scarbs, well worth the effort... That seadek is spot on
              2002 SANTE

Comment

Looks awesome! Hard to believe that's a 99!! Just goes to show what some elbow grease and a bank account can do for a 16 year old boat!

Comment

Jared is preeeetyyy good at doing stuff haha! Looks awesome (Tow vehicle isn't too bad either )
                  [EMAIL="Zach@n3boatworks.com"]Zach@n3boatworks.com[/EMAIL]

Comment

I've had a few people PM me about the amp rack build, so I thought I'd post the information here. First off, the style of the amp rack is not my original idea. I saw a few others who did something similar with the acrylic and LEDs and wanted to do the same in my boat.

Anyway, the board is made out of 1/2" HDPE. I picked up a large 4' x 10' piece of it locally for just $35 from a guy who had a whole stack of them. When I had all the carpet off of the walls before I installed the hydroturf, I epoxied three 2" x 18" strips of it directly to the fiberglass. Then iI applied the hydroturf over the strips. There is not a lot of room on that wall for amps, so the amp rack is just 42" x 16".

As many of you know, some of these older SANs had engine dividers that were installed between the engine compartment and the stern backrest. I removed mine when I bought the boat so that I could place my batteries on that little shelf. Mine were covered in vinyl instead of carpet, so I repurposed the vinyl from one of them to cover the amp rack. I then cut holes for each of the amps for the LEDs, purchased 3/8" acrylic/plexiglass pieces precut to fit each amp and cut the same size holes in them, mounted the LEDs to the inside with the lights facing outward, ran all the wires, installed the stainless offsets, mounted the amps, installed the top piece of 1/4" acrylic over the tops of the amps, and done.

It was pretty easy and straight forward. The hardest part was getting it into the boat. Like I said, space is TIGHT in there. And with all the amps mounted to the board, the rack weighed almost exactly 150 pounds. But it's like having an extra person in the boat for ballast, so there is an added benefit.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun. Those of you who shot me questions, feel free to ask more if you have them.
                    2017 G23
                    2012 210 TE
                    1999 SAN
                    1995 Sport
                    1991 Sport

Comment

What Nautique decal/emblem is that on the transom?? seen you said black chromax, Looking to find that one. N3 boatworks have that one?
                      1996 Nautique Super Sport

Comment

Originally posted by J10 View Post
                        What Nautique decal/emblem is that on the transom?? seen you said black chromax, Looking to find that one. N3 boatworks have that one?
                        Yes. Call Zach.
                        2017 G23
                        2012 210 TE
                        1999 SAN
                        1995 Sport
                        1991 Sport

Comment

Wow awesome work! Where did you end up mounting the sub? Driver's foot well?
                          Shawn

2012 Blue Metal Flake SAN 230

1999 Black and Tan Python 502 Powered Super Sport (for Sale)

Comment

Originally posted by s_kelley2000 View Post
                            Wow awesome work! Where did you end up mounting the sub? Driver's foot well?
                            Yes. Driver's foot well. But the sub is on the back side and projects into the cavity beneath the helm and dash with the port facing the sidewall. The improvement in bass between the current sub/box vs. the 10" Kicker in a sealed box that I had in there before facing towards the back of the boat is pretty unbelievable.
                            2017 G23
                            2012 210 TE
                            1999 SAN
                            1995 Sport
                            1991 Sport

Comment

Wow, I really like the idea of that! Still trying to get my sub out of the passenger storage area. It sounds awful and takes up way too much space over there. I am guessing the kick panel had to be moved back toward the driver to accommodate the sub?
                              Shawn

2012 Blue Metal Flake SAN 230

1999 Black and Tan Python 502 Powered Super Sport (for Sale)

Comment

Working...
                              X